Buffdaddy54

What brand frog and color do you use and why?

I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the types and colors of  artificial frogs there are! I was in my local BassPro and Dicks the other day with the intention of buying a couple of frogs but my brain melted with all of the choices in brand and color.  So my question to you guys and girls: what is your favorite brand and color of frog, and then part 2 of the question, why? What makes one better than another?

Gregg

• Like 1

I've found most of the major brands (Booyah, Strike King, LiveTarget) to be about the same in terms of quality/performance.  I get whatever's cheap or readily available.

I really only care about bottom colors... I get a yellow-ish one, white, and black.  I fish mainly the yellow and black (match the hatch, so to speak) and save the black for really dark mornings or nights.

mainly spro and the river 2 sea bully wa II in a black and a white mainly they eat black on my lake if they're not i go to white 

• Like 1

Booya pad crasher bull frog color

Why 

It catches fish also my pb 7.4lb

• Like 2

I find myself only fishing a few different frogs.  First, the Snagproof frogs (Phat Frog, Fred's Frog, and Poppin Phatty).  All walk very easy, don't take on water, and come in a few different colors that other companies don't have. Found myself mainly using a few colors, white, black, smoke, and platinum/clear).  Next would be the Spro Bronzeye Shad.  Love the baitfish colors and walks easy as well as a great hook up ratio and like the skirt set up on these frogs.  Now off to the Deps Slither K.  Great little frog and the rabbit fur tail gives it great action and walks like a champ as well as it doesn't take on water.  Pricey but well worth it.   Then the Optimum Furbit, as it also has the rabbit fur legs and gives the fish something different to look at.  Keep it simple.  Few baitfish colors on the Brozeye Shad, black and white with others, and a few with some metal flake flash or transparent.  Best advice about frog fishing, learn to walk them, every model and brand you fish, and carry a few different sizes and styles. 

Good ol scum frog. 5/8 oz, Black in color. Has a better hook up ratio than other frogs imo. The downside of that is that it gets torn up easier because of the softer material, but it take a lot of fish to wreck it. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Kidflex said:

Good ol scum frog. 5/8 oz, Black in color. Has a better hook up ratio than other frogs imo. The downside of that is that it gets torn up easier because of the softer material, but it take a lot of fish to wreck it. 

Ditto

Mike

My two favorite frogs are a Booyah Pad Crasher in Bullfrig and a Scum Frog Trophy Series in Watermellon Red.

• Like 1

Academy H2O Express 4.5" & 5.5" in both light/dark belly

Why?

They catch as good as any & better than most!

They on sale $2.98 ea

• Like 1

I've got about twenty different makes. I prefer the live targets because they have a wider profile and seem to walk easier. IMHO

I've noticed little difference in color.

Pad Crasher and Poppin Pad Crasher. Easy to walk for me and gets hit more than any frog i've used.Bullfrog and Dart frog for colors.One has a light belly one a black belly.Bass cant see the top of the frog.Belly for the bass and the top for the fisherman.

• Like 2

Regular frogs: KVD sexy frog, Savage gear lily ninja.

Popping frog: Spro, Booyah pad crasher

Colors: Like others have said, I only pay attention to the belly and its either white or black. To be honest I have yet to find a situation where color makes that much difference throwing frogs. It really doesn't matter.

i know its not a frog imitation but the popping perch has been fun to use and ive gotten good results.

too bad the tail part gets torn easy. 

River to Sea Bully Wa and Snagproof"s Poppin Phatty are my go to frogs and always in a darker color. Used to throw Spro Bronzeyes a lot but for some reason my hookup ratio was terrible until I switched over. Probably just a confidence thing but I don't throw Spro frogs anymore.

Booyah Popping Pad Crasher in Cricket Frog if I could only have one. They're easy to find, affordable, and they work.

• Like 1

Spro bronzeye Matches great in the pads and brush.

4 hours ago, Catt said:

Academy H2O Express 4.5" & 5.5" in both light/dark belly

Why?

They catch as good as any & better than most!

They on sale $2.98 ea

I'm going to Academy tomorrow. Gonna have to check em out.

The only hollow body frog I have is a Booyah Pad Crasher in sunburn kind of a brown with a slight reddish tint. It has reddish spots and a chartreuse line down each side of the back and the bottom is a solid brown/reddish tint. Haven't had total success with it yet but have gotten the bites. Why I got it is it was affordable and the only color they had at the time I got it. Gonna check out some Academy H2O Express frogs tomorrow.

Scumfrog Trophy Series in Natural Black and Green.  Learn it...know it...live it......

rs.php?path=SFT-NBG-1.jpg