Sign in to follow this  
Way north bass guy

My favourite images of 2017

Well after a fun, successful 2017, I’ve chosen my two favourite pics from my season. 

The last couple of years my son has really gotten into fishing more, now that he’s 8, he can cast a lot better and is more interested in actually catching something, and he’s done fairly well too ( although he’s still just as happy to sit on the back deck and read a book for a few hours as well).

With that in mind, here’s my favourite couple, hope everyone else has a great new year and is able to make some memories with their favourite fishing partner!

47BB5825-2E9C-482A-8FCC-4B5B0941F7F5.jpeg

Here’s the other one. Teaching the finer points of frogging 😊

A40F30B1-01FC-4780-AB82-44FED51D5906.jpeg

• Like 9

I like this thread because I thought about it earlier today so I'll pitch in. My 3 fav of 2017. The first is my day with the aussies. Such an experience. Something I'll remember forever. My 2nd is the day my boy, ole lady and me took off and just laid the wood to them on a drop shot. We had an absolute blast and any time the boys with me is great. The 3rd was our first tourney. Literally had my boat 2 weeks and was fishing because all my friends were and I'm a competitor. Ole ladies first fish on a c-rig. Literally 2nd cast of the day. Was the next to biggest fish weighed in that day and we got a 4th just winging it lol. 

rsz_1rsz_120171115_170800.jpg

Resized952017092495145805.jpg

rsz_rsz_20170401_065316.jpg

• Like 7

My oldest was deemed old enough to go out in the boat with just me and him this past year. I bought a lot on a small private lake not far from our house so we'd have an almost personal lake to fish. We spent several mornings there together and made memories I'll never forget and hope he felt the same. 

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, child, outdoor, water and natureImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, tree, outdoor, water and nature

Fishing is hard work.

Image may contain: one or more people and closeup

• Like 8

That's a tough one - 

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, cloud, sky, mountain, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, ocean, sky, cloud, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 5

Too bad for me, everyone close to me don't like fishing let alone bass fishing so I alway go fish by myself. 

Anyway here is my favorite fishing moment of 2017.

My PB on my BD.

IMG_0446.thumb.JPG.2148581abf919bb8144dac7af9df279c.JPG

And another is first double of my only fishing buddy (old neighbor) and me, who I met a few yrs back. That when I started serious bass fishing again, bought a boat, bought a house in Canyon Lake, but too bad his job move too far and we have not fish together as often. He is the one mentioned "Canyon Lake" and help us through all the moving. 

IMG_0460.thumb.JPG.1723bb4e518ca74bd69c1b77d1af9ef2.JPG

I miss you man.

• Like 6

Let's see if I can do the captions in order.

Pic #1- sunset on the might Tennessee. 

Pic #2 - 6/0 saltwater hook in my face, my buddy is still apologizing. 

Pic #3- my fishing buddy from Memphis came to Knoxville for a smallmouth weekend. He set the hook on a carp and told me to get the net big smallie hahaha. 

Pic #4 - my second sturgeon

pic # 5 - working in Carolina and an elk interrupted our lunch and chased me onto the top of the truck ladder rack, which is where I took the pic from. 

Pic #6 - fish fry on my annual fishing trip. 

Pic # 7 - sheepshead in ft Myers, Florida 

IMG_2426.PNG

IMG_2427.PNG

IMG_2430.PNG

IMG_2432.PNG

IMG_2433.PNG

IMG_2431.PNG

IMG_2435.PNG

• Like 7