Jump to content
Brett's_daddy

Bone, Munky Butt or I Know It?

Recommended Posts

Okay, getting a few of the new R2S lures and know that I'm getting Loon for my dark and Orange Crush for versatility as both light or dark but I'm torn for the light one...should I go with...


Bone

23422_754636037_product_1024x1024.jpg?v=

Munky Butt

23422_754636041_product_1024x1024.jpg?v=

or I Know It

23422_754636046_product_1024x1024.jpg?v=

Thanks for any help deciding!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ratherbfishing said:

Yes.

Doesn't help...lol.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bone all the way, it too darn sexy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bone.

 

I keep the topwater stuff simple, a light and a dark. The R2S colors that I use are Loon and Bone. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

Doesn't help...lol.

Sorry.  That was the bait monkey speaking. : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Munky Butt, don't you just love that name. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tander said:

Munky Butt, don't you just love that name. :huh:

Have to admit the name is funny as heck but in the end I want the best fish catcher, not the best catcher of fishermen :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a toss up between bone or butt monkey. Butt munky will be good for clear water, im just giving you my opinion based on the waters i fish ,get both?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burro said:

It's a toss up between bone or butt monkey. Butt munky will be good for clear water, get both?

Short on funds. Will also be getting Loon and Orange Crush and really only have money for 3 at this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd go bone, im surprised you didnt get perch instead of orange crush though being in Vermont 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perch is a great color for me too. I fish really clear river for smallies and there are perch all over the place. Seemed a logical color choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scarborough817 said:

i'd go bone, im surprised you didnt get perch instead of orange crush though being in Vermont 

I almost did go Perch because we have Perch almost every lake and pond here but the Orange Crush looked intriguing as historically people have had good luck with silver & black lures and add an orange belly to that, sounds like a winner to me but Perch was definitely in the discussion!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Brett's_daddy said:

I almost did go Perch because we have Perch almost every lake and pond here but the Orange Crush looked intriguing as historically people have had good luck with silver & black lures and add an orange belly to that, sounds like a winner to me but Perch was definitely in the discussion!

I would go perch, loon and bone or perch, loon, orange crush

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I could only have 1 topwater color, it would be bone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black, white and clear.  Those are the standard colors that will give you the most versatility.  Every company has there own names like clear water minnow which here is called monkey butt.  I some times add to those colors but am trying not to.  The i know it is a clear bait on the swaiver so i almost jumped on that but here its a sexy shad.  JMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 7:36 PM, Angry John said:

Black, white and clear.  Those are the standard colors that will give you the most versatility.  Every company has there own names like clear water minnow which here is called monkey butt.  I some times add to those colors but am trying not to.  The i know it is a clear bait on the swaiver so i almost jumped on that but here its a sexy shad.  JMO

Agree with this. Don't get caught up in all of the colors - they can only see the bottom. I keep 3 - Powder, Bone & Loon. Light, medium & dark for whatever water conditions you face.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, here's what I decided...as you can see I ended up getting 1 more bait and also a pair of Pitbull braid cutters which many people say are the best braid cutters on the planet, we'll see!!!

 

 

 

New Lure & stuff.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given those choices, probably Monkey Butt. But really, how much of the bait can be seen? The bottom half of all of them look pretty similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×