MDbassin

Favorite flourocarbon leader

I've been using the sunline leader spools and I like them but was wondering how the competition stacks up I was looking at trying the seaguar blue label or the p-line shinsei have any of you tried the others.... or all 3? Which do you like better

I've used Maxima, P-Line, Gamma, and Seaguar leader material.  They're all about the same.  Check the diameters.  I generally stick to Seaguar because they support the site.

Seaguar Blue. Most any flouro leader material is better than using castable fluorocarbon line. 

25 minutes ago, HookRz said:

Seaguar Blue. Most any flouro leader material is better than using castable fluorocarbon line. 

Yea I found that out the hard way a couple years ago ever since I've been getting actual leader line and have had a much better experience

I don't think it really matters, but I use tag ends from Tatsu spools.

:fishing-026:

I’ve always used sunline super sniper fc. 

• Like 1

It depends on what i am doing.  For drop shot, and shakey head i just use a section of my p-line 100% or sniper in 6lb test. For jigs or swimbaits i use 12 or 15 lb p-line.  I think the two lines are almost identical but i found a bunch of good deals on flea bay for heavier p-line so i picked that up.  I have used leader material and its good stuff but when i did i was useing seaguar. 

Seaguar Blue Label, and i have been using Off Shore Angler Extreme. I picked up the off shore with a gift card for 7.99 on sale. I have not had any issues with it either.

I like Gamma Edge the best of what I've used thus far.

I've used Seaguar Finesse Fluorocarbon for leader a little and it's worked well. I mainly use copolymer for leader though.

Been using Seagur Red Label in 20 lb just because I had 1/3 spool left over.  I got no complaints.

Thanks for the replies I usually use sunline shooter for main line and sunline leader for connecting to braid. This year I think I'll give seaguar a try. I'll give invisx a try for main line and blue label for my leaders