Jump to content
A-Jay

The happenings at Gobbler’s Knob ~ 2018

Recommended Posts

Image may contain: 1 person

Punxsutawney Phil, the world’s most celebrated groundhog, gazed at the ground and beheld his shadow Friday morning. This means six more weeks of frigid winter if you trust the weather forecasting skills of this oversized rodent.

At this point - I'm not a fan . . . . .

:mellow:

A-Jay

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a bad gig for a woodchuck. I'm not a fan of him either especially his cousins that hang around my house.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering Punxsutawney Phil has been accurate on his predictions only 39% of the time, smart money is on just the opposite of whatever his predictions are.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup not very accurate. He sees his shadow 85% of the time. I think he just isn't very social and prefers to hide in his house. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

 I think he just isn't very social and prefers to hide in his house. 

 From December to March - this pretty much describes me  . . . 

And if I do come out, I'm usually carrying a passport.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Punxsutawney Phil needs to go out and find a real job.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bankbeater said:

I think Punxsutawney Phil needs to go out and find a real job.

Are you kidding! He's got the best job there is! He only has to work one day a year for just a couple of hours and never gets fired even though he's not very good at the only thing he's asked to do. Name another job that is better than that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In NY news: Staten Island Chuck predicted an early spring.

 

However our local Upstate NY groundhog predicted 8 more weeks of winter...

 

Its been real cold up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott F said:

Are you kidding! He's got the best job there is! He only has to work one day a year for just a couple of hours and never gets fired even though he's not very good at the only thing he's asked to do. Name another job that is better than that!

 The Easter  . . . Bunny ?

funny-dog-dressed-like-the-easter-bunny.jpg

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scott F said:

Are you kidding! He's got the best job there is! He only has to work one day a year for just a couple of hours and never gets fired even though he's not very good at the only thing he's asked to do. Name another job that is better than that!

Congress

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, A-Jay said:

Image may contain: 1 person

Punxsutawney Phil, the world’s most celebrated groundhog, gazed at the ground and beheld his shadow Friday morning. This means six more weeks of frigid winter if you trust the weather forecasting skills of this oversized rodent.

At this point - I'm not a fan . . . . .

:mellow:

A-Jay

 

 

Phil doesn't look too impressed either.

Gobbler's Knob.  How appropriate.  The turkeys are out in force.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Scott F said:

Are you kidding! He's got the best job there is! He only has to work one day a year for just a couple of hours and never gets fired even though he's not very good at the only thing he's asked to do. Name another job that is better than that!

Weather guesser are another in this group where you don't work very long and aren't very accurate. 

 

The excuse here is "lake Michigan always makes it hard to predict the weather".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12poundbass said:

Weather guesser are another in this group where you don't work very long and aren't very accurate. 

 

The excuse here is "The Weather always makes it hard to predict the weather".

Fixed that one for you.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have our own Groundhog Day festivities outside of Chicago in Woodstock IL, where the movie Groundhog Day was filmed. A neighboring town called Huntley IL has an annual festival the day before thanksgiving, for the last 35 years, called the turkey ******** festival. What if they merged the 2 festivals and had a groundhog ******** festival? Would you attend?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, slonezp said:

We have our own Groundhog Day festivities outside of Chicago in Woodstock IL, where the movie Groundhog Day was filmed. A neighboring town called Huntley IL has an annual festival the day before thanksgiving, for the last 35 years, called the turkey ******** festival. What if they merged the 2 festivals and had a groundhog ******** festival? Would you attend?

 

While on my usual Nebraska hunting trip I used to take we stopped in western Iowa at a restaurant and ordered an appetizer platter which included Rockey Mountain oysters. Wasn't on my bucket list but checked it off just in case they happened to show up on the list later in life. Honestly wasn't bad. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Bankbeater said:

I think Punxsutawney Phil needs to go out and find a real job.

Yea that freeloader! Who does he think he is? A politician? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pub just south of me - place call Spike's Keg 'O' Nails serves something called Snake Nutz . . . .

I've had them & thoroughly enjoy them every visit.

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

A pub just south of me - place call Spike's Keg 'O' Nails serves something called Snake Nutz . . . .

I've had them & thoroughly enjoy them every visit.

:smiley:

A-Jay

What does this consist of?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 12poundbass said:

What does this consist of?

I think it's a trade secret ~ 

 

But it's served cold & goes down real easy.

 

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

I think it's a trade secret ~ 

 

But it's served cold & goes down real easy.

 

A-Jay

So it's a drink hopefully? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12poundbass said:

So it's a drink hopefully? 

Yea - It's a drink.

:smiley:

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing poles

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×