AustinHellickson

Western Washington fishing

Anyone here from Western Washington? I am looking for someone who has spots/ I can give mine too and someone to collaborate with in fishing

I am but only fish 2 small lakes nearby. Not great bass fishing. Maybe once or twice a year I go east for better fishing. Up around okanogan has good bass and duck lake in ocean shores did when I fished a long time ago heard it's not great anymore though. Probably closest decent fishing for me is mason lake

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Meathead said:

I am but only fish 2 small lakes nearby. Not great bass fishing. Maybe once or twice a year I go east for better fishing. Up around okanogan has good bass and duck lake in ocean shores did when I fished a long time ago heard it's not great anymore though. Probably closest decent fishing for me is mason lake

What part of Washington? Lake Tapps has pretty good fishing when in a boat

Were are some good places around Joint Base Lewis McChord?

There are actually a lot of decent lakes. Ask Glenn the moderator, he's the washington guru. He might give you a few tips and lakes.

Long Lake in Port Orchard has some nice fish in it.  Lake Tapps is excellent smallmouth fishing.  Lake Washington and Lake Sammamish have good bass fishing.

Close to McChord:  American Lake, Black Lake, Long Lake, Lake Steilacom.

Lake Washington & Sammamish both have excellent smallmouth fishing...largemouth too, but takes more work and time to get to know the spots. I usually head east over the pass to Potholes Reservoir when my schedule permits.

I been fishing American Lake last couple of weeks and I guess the fish are still down deep from colder water. I'm hoping to day after the warm weather there coming into the shallows. But I guess I will have to rent a boat.

I was stationed on the Trident Base  40 years ago.Good to hear y'all are catching bass.Time does fly.

Chambers lake if you have access to post. Flanders lake Also on post there's another don't remember name it's on N Fort 

On 5/28/2018 at 11:29 PM, BellevueBasser said:

bass fishing has heated up on lake washington...these two were caught this past week.

L.WA.LMB-1.jpg

L.WA.SMB-1.jpg

what are you catching them on? ive only caught a few small smallies using yammoto brown twin tails

I'm a Western WA bass fisherman.  I enjoy hitting some of the electric motor only lakes for Bass.  Beaver Lake in the Sammamish plateau has never let me down.  I've caught a few five pound LM Bass in Lake Desire in the Fairwood area.  Lake Washington has some lunkers but it is big and can be a pain when boat traffic gets busy as the lake gets really choppy (not an issue if you have a good size boat).  I've caught some good SM Bass in Lake Sammamish!  If you are up for driving to the Olympia area, check out Lake St. Clair.  Its a fun lake that most of is a no wake zone with lots of over hanging trees and sunken log structure.  Lake Sawyer in Covington has some good LM bass fishing too.  

LakeStClair.JPG