Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a current report? I am heading there this weekend with some other members.

I am particularly interested in your comments on depth and structure. 

 

:fishing-026:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything I've read has been pointing to a very good bite going right now, mostly fish in less than 20' of water (which is shallow water at Table Rock). It's actually set up very similar to how it was when we were there last year, right down to the weather forecast. If it's half as good as it was then it will be excellent. Lots of talk about jerkbaits, Ned rigs, small Keitech style swimbaits, jigs, wiggle warts, shakyheads, and some spinnerbait fish. It's been taking up to 22 pounds to win single day tournaments with a mix of all 3 species (and the occasional meanmouth). We're getting down there Friday and should get a good amount of time on the water to hopefully figure something out to share with everyone. There's an FLW Costa tournament going on this weekend, so boat traffic will be heavy, but it usually is in the spring at Table Rock, and for good reason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy usually gives a pretty good report.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If all goes right I will be able to meet up with you guys Saturday evening.  I will be leaving to Tablerock on Saturday morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My party of four is staying at Kimberly Oaks. Give me a call when you can.

 

-Kent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya'll fishing the Costa event?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, just fun fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 8:22 AM, roadwarrior said:

Anyone have a current report? I am heading there this weekend with some other members.

I am particularly interested in your comments on depth and structure. 

 

:fishing-026:

How'd you guys end up doing?

 

We fished a tournament Saturday and pieced together a decent ned-rig smallmouth bite on the first deep edges outside of pea gravel in the Aunts Creek area. Aside from one good largemouth caught prefishing Friday, we struggled to find fish bigger than 3 lbs.

 

We found a few good Kentucky's on mainlake stuff pre fishing as well. Those were mostly boottail fish.

 

-Jared

downloada967d7e5_rage_2femulated_2f0_2fDCIM_2fCamera_2fIMG_20180420_074123898.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2018 at 9:20 PM, KCFinesse said:

How'd you guys end up doing?

 

We fished a tournament Saturday and pieced together a decent ned-rig smallmouth bite on the first deep edges outside of pea gravel in the Aunts Creek area. Aside from one good largemouth caught prefishing Friday, we struggled to find fish bigger than 3 lbs.

 

We found a few good Kentucky's on mainlake stuff pre fishing as well. Those were mostly boottail fish.

 

-Jared

 

I did really well on Saturday, over 30 with a couple limits worth of keepers but nothing big. Might have seen you guys launching if you launched from Aunt's Creek? I was putting in at the north ramp while a small tournament was launching at the south ramp. Small Keitech and a small jerkbait is all I could get bit on, white was by far the best color. Sand and gravel banks with a little bigger rock mixed in was best. If a bank looked good, I couldn't get bit on it. Never had a bite on a bottom bait. Sunday was good too but only had about 4 hours to fish before we had to head back. 

 

31122801_10211486958915890_7420611208585150464_n.jpg

31052155_10211486958355876_8678140034710241280_n.jpg

31162365_10100450256869225_6010706769683152896_n.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Sand and gravel banks with a little bigger rock mixed in was best. If a bank looked good, I couldn't get bit on it. 

Sounds very familiar. Good work out there; it sounded like a lot of people really struggled this weekend (some good Costa sticks included).

 

We launched out of Edgewater resort in Aunt's, ran all over the White searching for bigger fish, and ended up back in Aunt's. I put 60 miles on the boat over three days- but the majority of the fish caught were within a mile of launch... (Go figure).

 

-Jared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KCFinesse said:

Sounds very familiar. Good work out there; it sounded like a lot of people really struggled this weekend (some good Costa sticks included).

 

We launched out of Edgewater resort in Aunt's, ran all over the White searching for bigger fish, and ended up back in Aunt's. I put 60 miles on the boat over three days- but the majority of the fish caught were within a mile of launch... (Go figure).

 

-Jared

I don't think I ever got further than 5 miles from Aunt's boat ramp. I actually caught several keepers right around both ramps Saturday and Sunday. There's several good nothing banks in Aunt's, so I never felt the need to get away from it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×