Hey there guys,

I joined back in 2015 but never introduced myself or even replied to any posts. I am a fisherman out of the Richmond, Va area. I focus on fishing for bass and for every species on the James river. I have been fishing since I was very young, mostly surf fishing in the outer banks and Carolina beaches for red drum, flounder, etc...

Moved to Florida when I was a teenager and we had a great pond in our neighborhood that got me into bass fishing. I can recall fishing there daily with worms, lizards, pretty much anything that was included in the box of artificals. We pulled out some great bass from there and some huge catfish as well.

Moved back to NC and did some brackish water fishing with bait for awhile. Then finally, I moved to Richmond at the age of 20. I started fishing again around age 21 and have been hooked since. Get it? Anyway I love this forum and will try and post some pictures of some great catches and info I have acquired by fishing around the Richmond area. I also do a lot of Kayak fishing.

I hope this post reaches the Virginia forums, and if anyone ever wants to do some urban angling message me!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard!

Thanks man!!

Hello Tony and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

Welcome to BR!

Great having you with us. Welcome!

Keep us posted on your fishing exploits.

Hello and Welcome 

Mike

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forums.

My wife's from Richmond, and I have some NC roots . Can't help you much with the fishing there though.

@Sam should be along soon. If I was in Richmond Id look him up.

Tight lines !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got plenty of spots, just here to share my stories and fishing advice and ask a few questions. Sam is the guru from what I see haha.

@Tonykoch welcome! We’ve already spoken a bit but nice to hear your story! I live in the city so a lot of time I’m doing some more urban style fishing. Byrd park stocks trout every fall so grab a big trout swimbait/glidebait and be patient. Met a guy down there who turned me on to that method, he said there are BIG bass in there.

Welcome! :)

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Graham said:

@Tonykoch welcome! We’ve already spoken a bit but nice to hear your story! I live in the city so a lot of time I’m doing some more urban style fishing. Byrd park stocks trout every fall so grab a big trout swimbait/glidebait and be patient. Met a guy down there who turned me on to that method, he said there are BIG bass in there.

Yes there are some big bass there, I saw them swimming in February by me when I was trout fishing lol. I also know a guy that fishes for them, he has some good luck.

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Welcome Home! We're glad you're here.

Howdy and welcome to our fishing family! 😎