So I got a job at Cabelas and had a question for you guys.

What is some Cabelas/BPS name brand stuff that is a must buy?

Cabelas Tournament ZX rods are great for the money.  Absolutely recommend checking them out.

• Like 1

the bps tourney special casting rods are great budget rods...been bps best sellers for many yrs...i own 2...cabela's pro guides were better...don't sell 'em anymore...

good fishing...

• Like 1

Cabela's Guidewear suit. I don't think the discount is as good as when I worked there, it's more of a progressive thing that increases with years employed last I heard, but I'd still be all over buying a new one if I had the chance to get a good discount on one. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Cabela's Guidewear suit. I don't think the discount is as good as when I worked there, it's more of a progressive thing that increases with years employed last I heard, but I'd still be all over buying a new one if I had the chance to get a good discount on one. 

That's the one thing on my list are the guide wear bibs.

Maybe the boat batteries and some BPS tungsten worm weights...

Guidewear rain suit and PFD vests. Those were my main grabs when I worked there. 

For warmer weather, I like the Paclite GoreTex rain gear.

The other day at my local Cabelas, I saw the Cabelas Guide Wear and BassPro 100 MPH Bibs and Jackets next to each other on display. I have the Guide Wear and like them for cold weather. I haven’t used the BPS 100 MPH though.

Giant tin of caramel popcorn....

• Haha 2

Moonpies.

BPS Speed Shads. Great ribbed paddle tail swimbaits. Never had an issue with them. Much more durable than Keitech and others yet has great action. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Big Rick said:

BPS Speed Shads. Great ribbed paddle tail swimbaits. Never had an issue with them. Much more durable than Keitech and others yet has great action. 

Ah, yes I did see those also...

I grabbed a few packs, not sure why they use such giant packaging for them.

Cabelas decals--gettem before they are history :)

The BPS -Micro Lite (Elite) spinning reel. Model MEX10F.  A very well built small reel,thats brought in many 4lb+ bass like it was nothing. Drag is top notch also.

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2018 at 8:25 AM, reason said:

Giant tin of caramel popcorn....

+1😂

Cabela's Fisherman Series Go-To Diamond Stick.

These things are a dynamite drop shot and shakey-head worm!

I think BPS has a pretty similar bait to this, but I have yet to try it.

I’ve always had pretty good luck with the BPS Stik-o. They hold up much better than senkos. 

Before I bailed on BPS, I bought a ton of their high end rods and reels. After setting up Chris Lane's demo stuff during the SFC, I decided to upgrade to all Platinum casting rods and reels. I also bought several Patriot spinning rods.

As a former employee, my advice is to buy anything and everything you want if your budget allows. I'm retired, so my BPS money was pretty much play money. I mean, 45% is 45% , use it to your advantage. As a Cabela's associate, do you get the same deal on boats as BPS employees? If so, buy a boat!

On 11/11/2018 at 1:40 PM, Big Rick said:

Agreed.  I stock up on Stik-Os anytime I can get them.  30 pack is $10 retail.  

They used to sell a Titanium 8 casting rod that was solid.  Think the closest now is the Carbonlite series.  Might be worth checking out.  

On 11/11/2018 at 12:08 AM, Bluebasser86 said:

That was the Cabela's model.  The BPS model changed that, and let me tell you, the people that put in their time to reach the Summit Level, were not happy, lol.  

For me it would be the Cabela's Fisherman Series Go-To Swim Minnow. Best swimbait I've used.

5" I use a 5/0 Gamakatsu weighted EWG hook.

Cabela's Guidewear suit and a boat is what I would look at :)

I like Cabela's Mean Eye Jigs for plastic swimbaits. They've got a good amount of color options and a nice bait keeper.