Purchased a Dobyns SA734C med heavy 7ft 3in rod. Pairing it up with a Lews Pro G. I plan on using this for an “all around” set up....I’ve had nothing but bad luck with Flouro (mostly on spinning rod set ups) so I’m looking for some ideas for line. I know there’s probably 1000 opinions and preferences. 

If this is a a multi-use setup , I would run braid to leader and vary the leader according to situation.  Many will disagree, but that is what I would do

• Like 1

I literally just had my new Dobyns/ Pro G combo delivered the other day, haha!

I agree with NHBull. Run braid, add a leader whenever necessary. I’m not a fan of fluoro, it’s too d**n hard to manage for me. But I realize it’s usefulness for certain applications, so I’ll use it as a leader if needed. 

• Like 1

I would use a Copoly line. P-line CX or McCoy Xtra clear would be my choice.

• Like 1

12lb Seaguar Invisx has been my go to.  It may be me but I have never had an issue with it.  I have tones of issues with braid but that does not mean it doesn't have it's place or that I don't use it.  I just find that the negatives out way the positives as an all purpose line. 

• Like 1

If you want to try FC, go with Sunline Sniper, I use 16# because it is as thin as most 14# test lines. You could try mono, I like Sunline Natural also in 16# test.

• Like 1

If not the braid/leader route try Yo-Zuri Hybrid or Sufix Advance.  Both stronger, less stretch and more manageable than fluorocarbon.