Anyone tried this? Got any idea about this blue fluorescent. Is it a bluish tint that can be seen easily in the sun?

51EE7C83-FA20-4975-93DB-4CF53544D427.thumb.jpeg.1e303a5982f3d5bb965781b149f66bc3.jpeg

I use BPS Excel mono line. Great line, can't beat it for the price and how much line comes in the spool. It's made by Berkley. The "clear blue fluorescent" means it will glow under a black light. Great if you fish at night.

23 minutes ago, volzfan59 said:

I use BPS Excel mono line. Great line, can't beat it for the price and how much line comes in the spool. It's made by Berkley. The "clear blue fluorescent" means it will glow under a black light. Great if you fish at night.

Ok thanks! I thought it had a bluish tint that could be seen in the day. Some guy fishing next to me had that and it was easy to see. Probably just get the green then. 

3 hours ago, volzfan59 said:

Berkley made.....Is it like Trilene XL?

I use clear blue florescent Stren original, and I do believe it's easier to see. I'm creeping up on 50 and my eyesight is letting me know it😂

it is slightly easier to see. Love the line on casting reels, but it gets twisted on spinning reels. all in all very tough and good line for cheap.

8 hours ago, waymont said:

Berkley made.....Is it like Trilene XL?

That's the one question I never got answered while working at BPS. Not sure if it's XT if XL? Heck, it could be old school Stren mono? Pure Fishing is the parent company of both brands.

7 hours ago, volzfan59 said:

That's the one question I never got answered while working at BPS. Not sure if it's XT if XL? Heck, it could be old school Stren mono? Pure Fishing is the parent company of both brands.

Just check the line diameter. XT is always thicker than XL for the same lb. test. For instance, the pic above shows 14lb -- at that rating, Trilene XL is .36mm, and XT is .40mm.

Looking at the listing at BassPro.com, 14lb Excel is .36mm.  So its comparable to XL.

• Like 1

I used it years ago and if it is the same as it used to be.... It handled like Trilene XL but looked like Stren.  It was not bad line for the money but there are other choices. 

• Like 1

It not as good as it was many moons ago. Nothing is, but I like it. I use a lot of Trilene and the Excel. On my spinning reel the line get changed very regularly. Sometimes or most times one or two outings max on my setups that I use the hardest. On sale the price is untouchable. I trust it. That’s half the battle. 

I have using BPS Green Excel for 18 years in 8, 14 and 20lb.  Years ago if you bought two large spools the second one was 50% off.   

If you’ve ever used clear blue Stren then you’ve seen it. It fluoresces blue under UV light, but since the UV is absorbed by water it appears clear a few inches down.

I’ve been using it since the late 80’s and I think it’s pretty good mono, especially for the price.

I have used Excel mono pretty much exclusively for over 25 years.....good line.

I use the 6 pound Excel size for my ML spinning rig.  I got the spool for free and decided to give it a try.  After using it the past two seasons without incident I am really thinking about buying a heavier size for my other two spinning reels.  I've never used Excel on my bc reels though.

• Like 1