NorthernBasser

Megabass Levante F5-72LV - Diablo Spec-R

I've never used a Megabass rod before. But I found the new 2019 Levantes on sale for 25% off. I know these are rather new, but was curious if anyone has any experience with them? Or even the older model? 

I really like the gen1 orochi xx..specifically the diablo spec r. Awesome blade rod/swim jig rod.  Not a fan of the new orochi or levante. The reel seat they use is super uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I've heard nothing but good things about the Diablo Spec R in any of the Megabass product lines.  It is supposed to be a great chatterbait, spinnerbait and swimjig rod.  I'm told it is a single hook moving bait rod 1st but is versatile enough to do some bottom contact too.   

• Like 2

I have 2 of the orochi xx gen 1.  Spinning and a casting.   I find that the actual power is lighter than the rating.   Not sure if this is the same with the levante but wanted to make you aware.   Good luck!

• Like 1

I got the diablo spec-r and the perfect pitch the week the new levantes came out. I haven’t had a whole lot of experience with either one yet but from what I’ve seen so far I really like both of them. 

• Like 1