Jump to content

Mid July smallmouth float trip


Recommended Posts

New to the forum, already have seen a lot of great information. A friend and I are going to do a few days of kayak fishing in mid July somewhere in TN for smallmouth. Daytrips, not interested in overnight on the river. Holston and North Holston are on the list as possible choices. Anyone have any other places that we might think about? Or any other advice you may want to give as far as that is concerned. Thanks a lot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
5 hours ago, Chris Catignani said:

The Buffalo River.

Ain’t that in Arkansas ? All my friends want to do a 10 day float there 

7 hours ago, Matthew Hagan said:

New to the forum, already have seen a lot of great information. A friend and I are going to do a few days of kayak fishing in mid July somewhere in TN for smallmouth. Daytrips, not interested in overnight on the river. Holston and North Holston are on the list as possible choices. Anyone have any other places that we might think about? Or any other advice you may want to give as far as that is concerned. Thanks a lot

The possibilities are endless, don’t even know where to start

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

Ain’t that in Arkansas ? All my friends want to do a 10 day float there 

The possibilities are endless, don’t even know where to start

We have a Buffalo in Middle Tennessee as well as the one you are thinking of in Arkansas.

I catch a few out of the Duck River as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Global Moderator
5 hours ago, Chris Catignani said:

This is an amazing TN treasure...we fish it from Jon boat...but it just one way. Jet motor if you wanna go up.

Buffalo (tn.gov)

 

41 minutes ago, Blue Raider Bob said:

We have a Buffalo in Middle Tennessee as well as the one you are thinking of in Arkansas.

I catch a few out of the Duck River as well.

Ok I gotcha! I now recall the buffalo in TN, one of my game warden buddies I went to college with was telling me about it one time. He said that used a go devil motor to run up it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

 

Ok I gotcha! I now recall the buffalo in TN, one of my game warden buddies I went to college with was telling me about it one time. He said that used a go devil motor to run up it 

Water clarity in the Buffalo River of Tennessee is much better than in the Duck River of Tennessee. That said, the Duck sometimes clears up quite nicely. I have a cabin on the Duck and fish it often. Unfortunately it rises suddenly with rainfall and fishing is impossible for days at a time. That's when the Rocks of the Cumberland and Tennessee Rivers eat my jigs!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • Outboard Engine

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.