Sign in to follow this  
maseyferguson05

What kinda line do you guys use?

Every line i use ends up being crap in a few weeks. I just spooled up my baitcaster about 3 weeks ago and its already kinked and twisted in the shape of the spool. Does all line do this? I'm thinking about getting the braided line, but not to sure how well it would do on a casting reel.

Oh and besides when i'm fishing, it stays out of the sun.

I use Yo Zuri Hybrid with KVD Line and Lure Conditioner. The Yo Zuri had a fair amount of memory but i liked the line so much i dealt with it. Then i got a hold of some of the KVD L&L and it works like magic on the line, it reduced memory and backlashes alot for me.

Mono- Pline CXX in Crystal Clear

Fluorocarbon- Berkley Trilene Professional Grade 100% Fluorocarbon

I've tried them all...trust me.  There is no mono that is stronger, more abrasion resistant, or has better clarity than Crystal Clear CXX.  The silicone coating won me over as well.  I change it as often as I do my fluorocarbon...whenever it gets enough nicks to justify it.  The Berkley 100% is the best fluorocarbon to date in regards to managability, strength, and abrasion resistance.  I'm very content with my line choices, and don't feel the need to try new lines.  

50 lb power pro on a baitcaster works great for me, i set the drag very low/ non existent and i never have problems with it digging into the spool.

Yo-Zuri Hybrid for copoly

Gamma Edge for flouro

I stay away from mono completely

So what do you guys prefer? Mono or Fluorocarbon?

Man, looking over at my rod right now, with no lure on the end. The stuff just looks nasty! all curled up. Just ticks me off.

So what do you guys prefer? Mono or Fluorocarbon?

Man, looking over at my rod right now, with no lure on the end. The stuff just looks nasty! all curled up. Just ticks me off.

I like mono for spinnerbaits, cover crankbaits, and topwaters as much as I like fluorocarbon for jigs and worms. One won't replace the other. I wouldn't recommend fluorocarbon for topwaters, and you are better off with a tough mono like CXX for moving baits that don't require the utmost in sensitivity or invisibility. I love Trilene 100% fluorocarbon, but CXX still blows it away in the abrasion resistance department. I use CXX 'whenever I can get away with it'.

Spinning tackle: Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft #6 (.010" diameter, 11.9 lb test)

Baitcasting gear: #12 Ultra Soft (.013" diameter, 19.5 lb test)

The line is strong, highly abrasion resistant, nearly as limp as braid (in use), does not require a special knot, impervious to water and UV light, floats and most importantly,

I have never been broken off by a fish using this line.

p.s.

The_Natural,

So what were you doing recently with Sensation?

8-)

Cabelas Proline Mono 8,10,12 and 15 lb test.

I have tried a lot of different lines my favorite being Gamma Copoly followed by the yo-zuri lines.  The Berkley 100% fluoro is also really nice.

However, once I use up all the lines I have now I am going to switch all of my baitcaster to Trilen Big Game.  It is cheap and I just really like it. I will probably continue using gamma or yo-zuri on my spinning rigs, for now.

trilene XT, 10lb, 12lb, 17lb...thats it!

Spinning-Trilene XL 6#,8#, and 10#

BC-Trilene Big Game 12#, 15#, and 20#

Experimented with Trilene 100% Flouro for a long time and really liked it, but not for all uses. I fish from a small boat and am limited to the amount of tackle I can safely take, so I am using 2 to 3 rods for everything. Mono is the best for all-purpose usage.

Re: What kinda line do you guys use?

Can I have your number, I seem to have lost mine?

OOPS  , SORRY I MISUNDERSTOOD THE QUESTION, my mistake!

Sufix elite 12lbs on Baitcasting

Sufix Elie 8 and 10lb on my spinning gear

Thinking of using 30lb Braid when I get my flippin stick for fliiping jigs and and tossin frogs over mats and pads

Mono: Sufix Siege 10-12#

Co Polymer Line: Yozuri Hibrid 12#

FC: Seaguar Invizx 6#

Briad: 30# Power Pro

Want to try:

Yozuri Ultrasoft

If you don't like memory CXX is a line you won't find to your liking. Yes, it's tough, yes, I like it, but if memory is something you despise, it won't be the line for you. Also, not a good choice in higher lbs on spinning reels. It rocks with casting gear. Just my two centavos.  ;)

If every line you use is twisting up in a short time you are doing something else that is causing this to happen.  Without more detail I'd guess the lure is spinning either an improperly rigged plastic like a worm not on straight or a spinning lure like an inline spinner.

Worm T/R With Sinker > Yo Zuri 12 lbs                              

Worm T/R No Sinker > Yo Zuri 12 lbs                        

Swimbait            > P-Line CXX 20 lbs                              

Frog                  > Sufix Braid 65 lbs

Crankbait       > Silver Thread Clear 12 lbs                  

Spinnerbait       > Silver Thread Green 16 lbs

Jerkbait             > Big Game Green 12 lbs                        

Jig                   > Fireline Crystal 14 lbs & Power Pro Braid 40lbs.

Topwater       > Big Game Green 12 lbs                        

Buzzbait       > Silver Thread Green 16 lbs

Dropshot       Rainb YN1000 Spinning Reel Seagurr 10 lbs

Wakyhead       Daiwa 1000 Spinning Reel P-line Floroclear 6 lbs

I'm experimenting this year, last year all I used was 12lb trilene XL and 4lb Cabelas, I just got back into fishing last year, I shouldn't say back in, I never really stop fishing just slowed down a whole lot. My son actually got heavy into Bass fishing and I just climb onboard. I get to spend a lot of quality time with my son and Grandson

Joe