Sign in to follow this  
Bass Bro

I have narrowed it down to these two

Guys i have decided on which two reels i like.Need your help which i should buy.The Quantum Code Red baitcaster or the Abu Garcia Revo S,this is the one that sells for around 100 bucks both of them do actually.Thanks for your help guys :)

I own a Code and an Abu Garcia Pro Max which is similair to the S. For my money I would go with the S. Casts much better and seems better built to me.

Out of the two you have chosen, I would get the Revo S.

BUT

You can pick up a Citica D for less than $100 now

d**n right!  Thanks for the heads up, gonna stop at Cabela's on the way home tomorrow and get me a couple.  I love the one I have now, can't beat it for the price!

Yep, the venerable Daiwa TD-A platform is a great design.  I have a couple of Sols, a Black Widow II, and a HSTA.  Just a great design.

i would get the REVO S , that's what im gonna get !!! i have heard so much good things about the S that i feel confident that it is the best choice .......  :)

Id get a revo stx...... u can get one brand new on ebay for 120 if you look around a bit........

Id get a revo stx...... u can get one brand new on ebay for 120 if you look around a bit........

If you ask RW nicely you can probably get his "barely used" STX for that much too.

Bad reviews? It got a 4.2 out of 5 in 22 reviews. That's pretty good, since most reviews only crop up when someone wants to ***** about it. Two guys had defective products, and another guy was using it for steelhead, LOL. I have the Daiwa version (they are made for Cabela's by Daiwa, was the 153HST), and a Black Widow version, and can tell you that this is one of the best budget reels Daiwa has made. The Daiwa Tierra is what they now sell in that similar price point, so check teh reviews on that as well. A LOT of guys are using them. My fishing buddies have both the STX and SX, and while they like them, in my opinion, they suck. Especially that STX - WORST brakes I've ever used in a modern lopro reel. Sorry Abu.

Guys i have decided on which two reels i like.Need your help which i should buy.The Quantum Code Red baitcaster or the Abu Garcia Revo S,this is the one that sells for around 100 bucks both of them do actually.Thanks for your help guys :)

The Prodigy is built for Cabela's by Daiwa®, but as I have been told by the factory it isn't supported by the factory....

Stick with the Revo S out of the 2 you have listed.....

Tight Lines!!!!

I too will vote for Revo S,I like how easy it is to throw weightless plastics w/o hassles.Stick with the factory centrifical brake setting of 2 on-4 off.Very light "thumbing" needed.

Another vote for the Revo S.  Among the most versatile LPs available.  Excellent quality and great customer support.

Certainly like my Revo's, what blows me away is how much popularity they have gained on this site alone in just the past year.

Certainly like my Revo's, what blows me away is how much popularity they have gained on this site alone in just the past year.

people have seen the light , j/k  :)

people have seen the light , j/k :)

Unfortunately, it was a giant bug zapper  ;D :)

I bought the revo s at wal mart today.Just wondering how you get to the braking?Does the side the brakes is on slide down?up?Thanks :)

Loosen the knurled chrome screw head on the reel handle side.  It won't come all the way out.  Once you've loosened it, rotate the sideplate on the brakeside clockwise about 1/8 of a turn.  The sideplate will come off.  Then you can adjust the brakes.