Sign in to follow this  
SuthernHaze

abu garcia

as with all brands the talk flares up then flames out. this time last year it seemed like every other thread was a revo thread.

is there anything wrong with them? i dont think so.

I have a cardinal 804 & 802, the 804 is for snook on a 7'6 rod, I just moved the 802 to freshwater but have caught many larger species on it.

I love both these reels but I don't care for the drag on the 802, it's fine for freshwater.

Abu Garcia makes fine products.  I own seven Revos (have owned 10), other round Abu Garcias, and several spinning reels, including four of the Cardinal 800 series.  They are great reels.  Durable, smooth and full of performance.

Dang near every other post is about Revos. They get as much forum chatter as any other reel on here!

Like you mentioned the spinning reels aren't talked about much. My Abu 700s are the best I own.  

I thought the only brand made is Shimano

I have 2 Abu baitcasters but I'm not impressed with them.   Lots of problems with the level wind system

Dang near every other post is about Revos. They get as much forum chatter as any other reel on here!

I guess the spinning reels are not as popular among our members.

::D

I thought the only brand made is Shimano

I have 2 Abu baitcasters but I'm not impressed with them. Lots of problems with the level wind system

What kind of problem are you having with those? I have fished them for many years and have never had a bad one.

My abu spinners are every bit as smooth as my stradic fi and my pfluegers are smoother yet.

Abu's are the only thing I spend my money on these days. I own about 10 different Abu baitcasting reels and haven't had a problem with any of them.

I own 2 Cardinal 804 spinning reels and haven't had a problem out of either of those either. I don't fish spinning gear nearly as much as I use baitcasting gear so I tend not to spend as much money on it. I do plan on purchasing a Soron this year though and pairing it up with a Powell MH for fishing senkos.

I used to be a die hard Abu fan. Before the Revo came out. Back in the Musky fishing days the Abu was the ONLY thing that would hold up to the beating that put on them.....

I've got a bunch of round reels......It seems they always get close on the spinning reels but there is always something that needs to be tweeked. I'll stick with Pflueger for spinning reels. (Supreme and President)

If I had my choice I'd swap all my baitcasters over to Revo's. I just don't like the expense.