Sign in to follow this  
ww2farmer

Rod/Reel "wish list"

What are some things not available (at least in stock form) that you guys would want to see made? Rods or reels, from any mfg. Some of mine are pipe dreams, but, lol, winter is getting old.

Reels:

Low geared Daiwa (5.x:1) based on the TD-A frame/tooling, available in BOTH LH or RH retreive. (they used to)

All Revo's to be made with the 6-pin brake ,insted of that magnetic brake they now have. (funny how the SKT, and winch and higher end JDM Revos have that)

How about a 300 size Citica or a new Casitic based on the new Citica.

Rods:

St Croix to expand the LTB rod's to include: a 6'10" MH/XF casting rod, my "ideal" length/power for a close quarters pitching rod. And maybe a 6' MH/MF casting rod, for pinpoint casting of square billed cranks in tight cover.

From Fenwick, add a lower priced "Bass specific" series of rods, on the HMX blank, some what similer to St Croix and the Mojo line.

Low geared Daiwa (5.x:1) based on the TD-A frame/tooling, available in BOTH LH or RH retreive.
that would be the Sol/Alphas.  Same reel, but 2/3 the size.

Oh, and I forgot about the TDA150P.  They're out of production, but you might find one scouring the web.

I would like a Shimano Core that feels like my Calais.

I would also like a G. Loomis GLX Senko baitcasing rod that is between 6'6'' and 7' with medium power.

Garcia to redo the STX with the same braking as on the Patriarch along with the availability of a low speed cranker and a Titanium plated finish.

They could also add the free floating line guide as was on the old XLT Ultra Mag Plus reels.

I think everyone is thinking it so I'll go

How about a split grip BCR 854 GLX Loomis

I would be one of the first ones in line if that ever happened.  Pity it never will anytime soon. :-/

I'd like to see Megabass offer warranties on their rods.

With their recent alliance with Daiwa, I suspect this becoming a reality.  Let's hope.

:D

I would love for Shimano to make 2000 sized spinning reels again. I love the old Stradic 2000 FG. If they would make a Stradic 2000 FI I would be in cloud 9.

Ardent or one of the US based salt water reel companies like Avet or Accurate to make a good US baitcasting reel.

Somebody mentioned Alconite guides.  I too would like to see them more widely used.

I would also like to see spincast reels with higher gear ratio for the youngsters.  It is hard for them to fish a spinnerbait etc at 3.6:1

I wish Daiwa would make a BC reel "line" like the 153HSTL, in 5:1, 6:1 and 7:1 gearing in both RH and LH, in the same price range.  ::D

I would sell all my reels and get the same reel (different gears) for all the rods.

Anybody from Daiwa reading this post ?????

I would also like to see Daiwa offer 7:1 in their BC reels like the Tierra and Advantage.