Sign in to follow this  
Micro

I can't really think of a title for this..."The Greatest Combo Ever," maybe?

Our newest member, BassinNewbie (from Virginia, no less)posted these in the introduction forum.

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1243191841/0

Now, this is thinking outside the box! I think they actually look great together!

(Sorry, Bassin, if it ain't posted here, not enough people will see them.)

OmegaSteezCloseup3_1-1.jpg

OmegaSteezCloseup2_1.jpg

OmegaSteez1_1.jpg

OmegaSteez2_1.jpg

OmegaSteezCloseup2_1.jpg

OmegaSteezCloseup3_1.jpg

DeltaSteez1_1.jpg

Great combo.... ;)

Like I have always said it isn't the reel that is important "it's the rod"

Tight Lines All!!!  

Bassin' said he's got a Steez reel.  Maybe he'll sell it to you.  

Not bad for a bassin newbie!! LOL!!

The combo was an accident. I tried the baitcasting deal (whole story on the intro forum) and it didn't work out.... for right now. So, I picked up a few Zebco Combos, broke the delta pole and thought.......I wonder how this will work.........the bassinators were born!

That's like putting this...

1.8_dig._vw_engine.jpg

into this

ferrari004.jpg

;D

mine looks better though .. lol!!!

The next part to this story is the fishing test......

It's perfect really, I'm totally new to the sport, never fished, totally unbiased. lets see what happens.

It's a casting rod.....no one specified whether it had to have a spincast or baitcast on it....

...and it matches nicely

What I think is equally refeshing is that a guy who is new to the sport and never fished went right for the Steez.   ;)

BTW, hang onto that Steez reel.  If you practice with it and get good at it, you'll already own one of the best there is.

Like you mentioned in your original post, it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself.

I must say though, for a newbie, you had very good taste in picking out the Steez combo.  It's probably a good thing you don't like the reel because you can never go down the chain with buying rods/reels, only up.   1000 dollar combos can be very addicting.

HAHA!!! Love it!!! Is that what they mean by 'Ghetto'? ;)

BTW - Please take the price tags off, its making the zebco look cheap.  ;D

HAHA!!! Love it!!! Is that what they mean by 'Ghetto'? ;)

BTW - Please take the price tags off, its making the zebco look cheap. ;D

LOL!!! will do.....just noticed that those are price tags once you mentioned it.

What I think is equally refeshing is that a guy who is new to the sport and never fished went right for the Steez. ;)

BTW, hang onto that Steez reel. If you practice with it and get good at it, you'll already own one of the best there is.

Thanks for your thoughts! I was about to give it up as well, It seems a bit stiff to me. I'll hang onto it now and practice with a lot more.

Like you mentioned in your original post, it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself.

I must say though, for a newbie, you had very good taste in picking out the Steez combo. It's probably a good thing you don't like the reel because you can never go down the chain with buying rods/reels, only up. 1000 dollar combos can be very addicting.

totally agree........its how it got into it in the first place.

The Steez...........I did months of research as it was an expensive proposition. I wanted to get something that had a lot of quality and would last a long time. I was so confused that I sort of gave up near the end of my research and was about to give up and pick anything when Daiwa just happen to come out with something new. I thought, thats it! I'm getting that!

Wow,I have never seen anything like that before!!!

I must say though, for a newbie, you had very good taste in picking out the Steez combo. It's probably a good thing you don't like the reel because you can never go down the chain with buying rods/reels, only up. 1000 dollar combos can be very addicting.

The Steez...........I did months of research as it was an expensive proposition. I wanted to get something that had a lot of quality and would last a long time. I was so confused that I sort of gave up near the end of my research and was about to give up and pick anything when Daiwa just happen to come out with something new. I thought, thats it! I'm getting that!

The Steez rods represent the highest build quality of any factory rod I've owned.  You are officially ruined....you skipped all the 'steps' that lead to a $300+ rod purchase.  You won't be able to purchase a lesser rod from now on....I promise.  Don't give up on the casting reel; but the brakes on full blast, and tighten down the cast control knob.  You can definitely make the reel almost impossible to backlash, albeit you will get little distance.  You can back off the cast control knob slowly but surely.  

The Steez rods represent the highest build quality of any factory rod I've owned. You are officially ruined....you skipped all the 'steps' that lead to a $300+ rod purchase. You won't be able to purchase a lesser rod from now on....I promise. Don't give up on the casting reel; but the brakes on full blast, and tighten down the cast control knob. You can definitely make the reel almost impossible to backlash, albeit you will get little distance. You can back off the cast control knob slowly but surely.

thanks for your thoughts! As much as I luv the Zebco's now, I will give the Steez reel another whirl as you have described.

Those actually do look friggin' sweet! I'd fish 'em! The Omega looks like a pretty nice reel.

I agree though, better start savin' up a lotta money! You're not going to want anything cheaper... ;D