Sign in to follow this  
NewAngler

Chlorine and Line/reel/lure

I just got a ne BC reel, and a new rod. i was practicing casting in my pool, and it dawned on me i might be messing up my new gear.

the rage shad started to change colors, but i guess it was just some of the chlroine fromt he bottom of the pool, cuz it wiped right off.

will the chlorine mess anything up too bad?

I would definitely put new line on and probably clean everything good.  Chlorine is pretty bad stuff on things not designed to be in it.

Chlorine becomes a gas at 78° F.  Warm water rinse should remove any residual chlorine.  I'd check and replace the line that was in the pool, though.

If your pool water is properly kept- don't worry about it. With free chlorine at 2-3 ppm and a ph in the low to mid 7's , your tap water rinse is potentially more "damaging" than your pool water. ;)

I made the mistake of checking our tap water after having a time with the pool.... I no longer drink our tap water, as my pool is a much more balanced water than what comes from our taps!

I have checked the running of spinnerbaits and the like in pool water and never did anything to the reel/line/bait afterwards. No problems even using the same reel/line/bait. If your nervous about it then rinse the reel/line/baits..

Tight Lines!!!

Thanks for the input. My pool is properly kept, as my skin as yet to burn off my body.

heresss your sign

Thanks for the input. My pool is properly kept, as my skin as yet to burn off my body.

heresss your sign

Ditto

I have checked the running of spinnerbaits and the like in pool water and never did anything to the reel/line/bait afterwards. No problems even using the same reel/line/bait. If your nervous about it then rinse the reel/line/baits..

Tight Lines!!!

No issues here either.

8-)

heresss your sign

Ditto

That's funny you guys said that. Io live 10 miles from DC 21 years outta my life. Just moved 2 years ago, now a whopping 45 miles from DC. I guess I'm still in training.