Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

This has got to be the sexiest reel I have ever seen!!!

I know what you mean, I just got mine and paired it up with a 7ft 2in cumara and the wife doesnt even know yet.  Going to the lake in the morning to try her out. ;D

Yes Rooster, we know about the CORE.

However, do you, or anyone out there, really need this reel?

You could fish with a ZEBCO and still catch bass and have a fun time.

I will stick with the Curado line and pass on the CORE.

Later!  :D

Yep, that's BEEEEEEEEEEE-U-TEE-FULLLLLLL!

There's a comparable spinning reel too:

http://www.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/products/reels/spinning/Stradic_MgFB.html

;D ;D ;D

Didn't we have a bunch of threads about this like 2 months ago? Maybe you were on vacation Rooster?  ;D

Hey Rooster ,how much do you spend a year on rod and reels ?I'll bet if you would use a little constraint on your spending and save up , it wouldn't take you long to get a core.

Just a thought.

The New Core 50mg IS the best looking reel on the market. IMHO

I still prefer the Aldeberan

x2

The silver and black combination looks awesome.

And it 's available in several colors.  :D

Please!!!!  Keep your odd sexual fantasies regarding rods and reels to yourselves.  

Hey Rooster ,how much do you spend a year on rod and reels ?I'll bet if you would use a little constraint on your spending and save up , it wouldn't take you long to get a core.

Just a thought.

Ya know, here I was thinking how wrong you are about spending that much on rods and reels in a year but when I started looking at what all I've spent in the last 3 years on rods and reels I came up with $630 on 3 spinning reels and 4 baitcasting reels, 1 spinning rod and 3 baitcasting rods.  Man I never realized how much I spent on that stuff.  Of course it took me 2 1/2 years to get there, from spring of 2007 to fall of 2009.  Here I was thinking I really didn't spend all that much but that's a pretty good amount to me.

I had to see what the Yen to dollar conversion was:81260 Yen=906.78 US. :-?

It certainly is an amazing reel - and despite its description as a finesse reel, it has definitely proven itself to be a powerful reel in a small package!  I've used it for everything from 1/2 oz buzzbaits to pitching 1/2 oz jigs into heavy cover with braid.  It's handled those tasks flawlessly.  For those of you looking for one, I have a couple extras so I'll be posting up a couple NIB Core 50MG7s when I get back from a trip on Wednesday evening...

I've been eying that reel for a while now.  Been saving and hope to have it by the beginning of the year.

Just a thought.

Ya know, here I was thinking how wrong you are about spending that much on rods and reels in a year but when I started looking at what all I've spent in the last 3 years on rods and reels I came up with $630 on 3 spinning reels and 4 baitcasting reels, 1 spinning rod and 3 baitcasting rods. Man I never realized how much I spent on that stuff. Of course it took me 2 1/2 years to get there, from spring of 2007 to fall of 2009. Here I was thinking I really didn't spend all that much but that's a pretty good amount to me.

Go ahead, spoil yourself a little.  After you buy the 2nd or 3rd one and fish with them every time you hit the water, you will forget about the price.  Order the reel and the day it arrives, tell the wife shes beautiful and hand her a gift certificate for a day at the spa.

Works everytime.

I have a couple of NIB Core 50MG7 RH reels now up in the Flea Market guys.  I fished an Aurora Elite for the first time this weekend... it's a very nice reel for sure 100%, no doubt.  But for $475 and at 6.9oz vs 5.5oz for the Core 50, there is NO WAY I would go that route - not only on the weight, but that's a huge difference straight off.  Secondly, it DOES NOT look like a Steez.  There are so many differences externally, not to mention the inner workings of the reel it deserves no further comment.