Sign in to follow this  
midnighthrasher

Shimano Cumulus

Looks nice. I wouldn't mind trying one out, for sure. Seems Shimano doesn't make anything that isn't good. How much are they?

Based on the hardware, positioned above the Cumera line.  Right now though, details are nebulous, LOL.

Here some info I found on the internet, I think it was posted by bantam1.

Pricey for a Shimano Bass rod.

Lightweight, 3.5 oz for the 7'1" rod.

Are they going after the Steez market ?

post-21664-130162927696_thumb.jpg

Remeber when I said "Just wait until you see what I am working on for next year"? Well this is it  ;)

15 months of hard work and testing led to these rods. We desinged an ultra light rod worth of placing our ultra light reels on. Plus the colors match  ;D

Wow!  That 7'1"MHXF and a Core 50... that will be fun!  8-) I'm looking forward to trying one of these out...

Remeber when I said "Just wait until you see what I am working on for next year"? Well this is it ;)

15 months of hard work and testing led to these rods. We desinged an ultra light rod worth of placing our ultra light reels on. Plus the colors match ;D

So WHEN can I buy one?

please tell me that you will make one between 7'2" and 7'4" in MH.....pretty please?

All i can say is that i want them now!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont even need to see them to know i want them!!!!!!!! I guess i cant blame the baitmonkey.... more like the rod and reel monkey!!!!

They will be on the shelves by early March. This is a new line so more than likely it will be a year before we see any additions. 

Don't know how i feel about the random splash of red on the split grip but it looks like a great rod, a bit pricey but if it's anything like a steez than it should have no problem selling

Don't know how i feel about the random splash of red on the split grip but it looks like a great rod, a bit pricey but if it's anything like a steez than it should have no problem selling

Matches up with the red bits on the Core.

Matches up with the red bits on the Core.

These will look awesome together.

The random red fade is different on every rod. They are hand painted do there will be some slight variation from rod to rod. They look really good in person. There is some red pearlescent up in the epoxy coated section above the reel seat as well. It only shows in the sun and at certain angles. The Core and Stradic CI4 look perfect on these rods.

I agree it would set the core/ci4 off, but for those who opt for a diff color reel it might be an eyesore, i have a curado mounted on a gblank with red threading and it doesnt quite look right...

"Lighter and more sensitive." than the cumara. "the Cumara CUCX72MH weighs 140 grams/5 ounces. The Cumulus CMLSX71MH weighs 100 grams/ 3.5 ounces."  I want to pick one up.

Will this be the lightest rod on the market? Sorry if this is a dumb question because I've never really looked into rod weight.

I'm a huge Shimano fan but that red fade and rounded butt cap don't sit very well with me. I wish they would have just put a red stripe or line on it and the same endcap as the cumara. oh well I'm sure it's a sweet rod.

Dan, how does the seat on this rod compare to the seat on the Cumara?  The same, similar or totally different?

That was one of the things I didn't like about the Cumara.

Will this be the lightest rod on the market? Sorry if this is a dumb question because I've never really looked into rod weight.

In terms of weight, it ranks close to a Steez maybe even a bit lighter and its as expensive as some Steez models.  I'd like to try one but I wish Shimano would have made a more refined looking grip and end cap, that one looks cheap compared to the existing cumara and the steez.  I also hope its a better reel seat design than the cumara, that reel seat works fine but it looks cheesy.

I'm a huge Shimano fan but that red fade and rounded butt cap don't sit very well with me. I wish they would have just put a red stripe or line on it and the same endcap as the cumara. oh well I'm sure it's a sweet rod.

Agreed, from the reel seat down it just doesnt look right.