Sign in to follow this  
birdley123

Braid to Mono knot?

Can someone tell me the best kind of knot to use when tying power pro to its mono backer?  Also what about power pro to a leader?  Thx.

I don't know about it being the "best', but I usually use a back-to-back uni-knot for tying to backing, and a Blood Knot for attaching leaders. If the difference in diameter of leader to superline is really extreme  (like 6/20 PP to 20-pound fluoro leader) I use a spider hitch to double the thinner braid before making the Blood Knot. Works for me.

double uni with the larger diameter making additional wraps around the smaller diameter.  Thats how the instructions say to do it if I am not mistaken.

Instructions don't mean crap on the water....

Use an Alberto Knot.

Google the Super 8 knot. Its the best I found and if tied right,it won't twang on your rod eyes as you throw. Tie it about 10 times sitting in front of computer and you'll own it for life.

Anglers aren't stupid, and would never tolerate any knot that slipped or failed.

The Uni-knot, Albright and Alberto are all perfectly acceptable knots

or they'd be loooong gone. The Best knot to tie, is the knot you tie Best.

Roger

i tried the albright on some 6lb cxx leader to 15/4 braid. maybe i didnt tighten it enough or clip the tag ends short enough , but the knot made it through my guides decent at best.

Anglers aren't stupid, and would never tolerate any knot that slipped or failed.

The Uni-knot, Albright and Alberto are all perfectly acceptable knots

or they'd be loooong gone. The Best knot to tie, is the knot you tie Best.

Roger

X2, and line tests back it up.

-T9

55# braid, with 12# fluro leader, uni to uni knot, 6 turns each side..the knot goes through my guides with ease..chinch the knot down real good, I give 3 good tugs, then clip the tags as close as you can.

i tried the albright on some 6lb cxx leader to 15/4 braid. maybe i didnt tighten it enough or clip the tag ends short enough , but the knot made it through my guides decent at best.

55# braid, with 12# fluro leader, uni to uni knot, 6 turns each side..the knot goes through my guides with ease..chinch the knot down real good, I give 3 good tugs, then clip the tags as close as you can.

the knot itself looks nice and tight. im thinking i didnt clip the tags close enough. ill try the double uni next time...