Sign in to follow this  
TJHfishin

G.LOOMIS ? Need Help

This well be my first purchase of a G.LOOMIS. And im wondering if they are truly as sensitive as everyone says. I well be using the rod as my jig rod i am currently using a crucial 7ft mh a cumara 6'9m and a carrot stick 7ft mh. I mostly use finesse style jigs weighting 1/4 to 3/8s and sometimes 1/2oz with light to moderate cover. The rods i am looking at our as follows:

MBR783C (GL3)  6'6"  3  1  10-17  1/4-3/4  Fast  Med-Heavy  $215.00 

MBR783C (GL2)  6'6"  3  1  10-17  1/4-3/4  Fast  Med-Heavy  $160.00 

MBR843C (GL3)  7'  4  1  10-17  1/4-3/4  Fast  Med-Heavy  $230.00 

MBR844C (GL3)  7'  4  1  12-20  1/4-1  Fast  Heavy  $235.00 

MBR845C (GL3)  7'  4  1  12-25  3/8-1 1/4  Fast  Heavy  $245.00 

I am looking for the one that would best fit as an all around jig rod that if needed kould be used for as maybe an all purpose rod thank you so much guys.

I suggest looking at other brands unless you are willing

to step-up to the IMX Series. This is the line of rods

that put G. Loomis on the map. Be patient and you will

find a great deal in our Flea Market. I have purchased

several GLX for $250-$275, an IMX should run around

$150-$175.

Back to the question: The MBR844C is my recommendation.

8-)

the bcr803 GLX is my favorite rod for 3/8oz jigs.

i like the mbr844c for anything over 3/8oz

the mbr783c GLX is a great all around rod.

ive only fished IMX and GLX so i cannot comment on the GL2 or GL3.

make sure you check out the changes made to Loomis' Expeditor service. it has doubled in price and can only be used once per rod. with so many great rod manufacturers offering better replacement services, it's not worth it anymore, in my opinion. if i were you, id look into St. Croix's Legend series or Dobyns.

ohya.com has 25% off G-Loomis rods, free shipping

logon: customer

password: preferred

coupon code: holiday25

edit: TW deal below sounds better...

This well be my first purchase of a G.LOOMIS. And im wondering if they are truly as sensitive as everyone says. I well be using the rod as my jig rod i am currently using a crucial 7ft mh a cumara 6'9m and a carrot stick 7ft mh. I mostly use finesse style jigs weighting 1/4 to 3/8s and sometimes 1/2oz with light to moderate cover. The rods i am looking at our as follows:

MBR783C (GL3) 6'6" 3 1 10-17 1/4-3/4 Fast Med-Heavy $215.00

MBR783C (GL2) 6'6" 3 1 10-17 1/4-3/4 Fast Med-Heavy $160.00

MBR843C (GL3) 7' 4 1 10-17 1/4-3/4 Fast Med-Heavy $230.00

MBR844C (GL3) 7' 4 1 12-20 1/4-1 Fast Heavy $235.00

MBR845C (GL3) 7' 4 1 12-25 3/8-1 1/4 Fast Heavy $245.00

I am looking for the one that would best fit as an all around jig rod that if needed kould be used for as maybe an all purpose rod thank you so much guys.

I use my gloomis MBR783C and MBR843C for the same type/weights of lures. But in GLX. Like roadwarrior said, don't buy the GL3 line but step up to the IMX line.

Also don't forget, Tackle Warehouse is having there Black Friday sale right now and you could buy a brand new IMX MBR783C for just under $190(187.20) (20% + 10% gift card + Free Shipping). :)

I used to fish nothing but GLoomis rods,  and the 844 was my go to rod of choice. That said I no longer fish Loomis rods. They used to be ahead of others, but thats not the case anymore. Warranty changes, and lower prices on equal or nicer rods I decided to move on. There are many brands out there to choose from. However if you want Loomis I always loved the 844GLX and IMX. While the GL2 and 3 are ery durable rods  they are not in the same class as the pricier sisters. :) With the 844 IMX/GLX you can fish just about anything with it(jigs, texas rigs, buzz baits, spinnerbaits, top water, crank baits, hollow bodies)

the mbr844 imx is a classic all-around stick that doubles as a premier jig rod...for the price you can get the imx at TW this weekend, this is a no-brainer.

fwiw, the loomis warranty has not changed...only the expeditor service.

the mbr844 imx is a classic all-around stick that doubles as a premier jig rod...for the price you can get the imx at TW this weekend, this is a no-brainer.

Ummm, that is a change. From $50 to $100 and only once. After shattering 3 rods in 3 days all of em 904IMX flippin sticks all on hook sets I was done. During a tournament(pro/am) you dont have time to send your rods in for warranty evaluation.

Ummm, that is a change. From $50 to $100 and only once. After shattering 3 rods in 3 days all of em 904IMX flippin sticks all on hook sets I was done. During a tournament(pro/am) you dont have time to send your rods in for warranty evaluation.

its a change to their expeditor service but not the warranty. i used to think of the service as more of an insurance than a warranty against defects...

strange, the Black Friday coupon says it excludes GLoomis but when i put a rod in the cart, it applied the discount...

http://www.***.com/?coup=TURKEY20

expires 11/30 5pm PDT

How sensitive dpendes greatly on what series you get and where you come from, from what you have a GL2 won 't be better than the Crucial so in order get that extra you 'll have to jump to the IMX, GL3 ? man that 's a tough one, they are slightly better than the GL2 but in price they are so close to an IMX that I rather spend the extra and go straight for an IMX. I do have GL2s, nice rods however all y GL2 collection has been relegated to perform the less glamorous chores like crankbaiting and spinnerbaitng.

its a change to their expeditor service but not the warranty. i used to think of the service as more of an insurance than a warranty against defects...

strange, the Black Friday coupon says it excludes GLoomis but when i put a rod in the cart, it applied the discount...

http://www.***.com/?coup=TURKEY20

expires 11/30 5pm PDT

Thats because its a price controlled item, as are alot of Shimano products. Meaning they are not supposed to advertise prices lower then a set amount.

what is the "+10% gift card" thing on TW referred to earlier. I just thought it was 10% off

I fish all Loomis except for the 2 Cumara's.  Like RW said unless you step up to the IMX, GLX, or NRX I don' t think your going to gain much if any over a Cumara.  The Cumara's are great rods.  I would just replace the carrot stick if you want to replace a rod.  Although I've honestly never fished one to be able to give you a comparison.

what is the "+10% gift card" thing on TW referred to earlier. I just thought it was 10% off

buy some of those 10% off gift cards. they will email you a few hrs later with the electronic giftcards. when you rcv those, go to the TW site and get an additional 20% off with the Black Friday coupon. I believe it ends midday tomorrow. im getting a curado 51 to stare at all winter.

edit: the Black Friday discount doesnt show up in the cart for Loomis, Shimano and a few other brands. you have to call to order these.

$150-$175.

8-)

Roger what RW said. I just bought a gently used 783C IMX from the Flea Market here on the forums for 130. Looks almost brand new. I have made several bigger pucrhases (reels, etc) here on the forums and have had good experiences. Can't go wrong w/ the IMX, they "telegraph" almost like a GLX

$150-$175.

8-)

Roger what RW said. I just bought a gently used 783C IMX from the Flea Market here on the forums for 130. Looks almost brand new. I have made several bigger pucrhases (reels, etc) here on the forums and have had good experiences. Can't go wrong w/ the IMX, they "telegraph" almost like a GLX

-.-- --- ..- /   .... .- ...- . /   .- /   -... .. - .

;D ;D ;D

$150-$175.

8-)

-.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / .- / -... .. - .

;D ;D ;D

OK, what'd I say?