Va guys post up!

drmnbig

I've been here a few months now and I'm beginning to learn some names and the whereabouts of some.  It's almost time to really get to fishing so I figured I'd start a thread so that maybe some of us that live close together to be able to hook up for some good fishing.  Just post your location and maybe some waters you fish.  I'll start....

I live in Staunton.  

I've got a couple ponds near here and the Middle River that I have access to.  I also fish most of the smaller lakes in and around the Charlottesville area.  When I can I fish the bigger lakes like Anna and Buggs Island.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super User

I live in Charlottesville and fish the Potomac, Anna, Hunting Run, Motts Run, Mill Creek, Buggs Island, Gaston, Smith Mt,, Moomaw, Lake Orange, Bowlers Mill, Northeast Creek, Slate River, Rivanna Res., Beaver Creek, Chris Green Lake, James River-upper and lower, Chick lake and river, Sandy River Lake, Briery Creek Lake, Claytor Lake, Philpot Lake, Lake Guntersville, Lake Fork, the Kissimmee Chain of lakes, the Alligator Chain of lakes, Falls Lake, Hyco, and several other bodies of water public and private.

I'll be in and out of Fredericksburg through out the spring/summer. I like to fish the Potomac (Aquia creek, Pohick Bay), and Anna on the big boat. Hunting Run on the small boat, and wade for smallmouth on the upper Rappahannock. As well as the occasional trip up to Shenandoah for some native brookies on the fly rod.

I live in Powhatan,va just  west of richmond. I fish alot of local lakes/rivers. I fish James river for smallies and others are Powhatan lakes, Amelia Lake,Briery Creek, Lake chesdin, Lake Anna , nottaway lake, swift creek resevour, Chicahomny. I fish mostly in central VA area.

Mostly the Potomac in and around DC; it a fantastic diverse fishery. Also am starting to turn on to the lakes on Quantico.   I'm looking for some pike in MD as well.

I've fished many of the small lakes/reservoirs around the NoVA area.  I dont mess around with most of them much anymore.  Its dawned on me how great of a fishery the Potomac is so I'll be putting in most of my time there this summer I expect.  I've fished Occ Res a lot in the past but doubt I'll get the season launch pass this year.  It's just easier to catch greater quantity/quality in the Potomac.  Not knocking the Res but just my opinion.  Besides the Potomac I'll fish Hunting Run a bit and the Rapp for my smallie fix (its almost in my backyard).  When I'm at Tech I'll fish the New River some.  Looking forward to the spring/summer   :D    

• Super User

I live in southeast Virginia.  I most often fish Chickahominy Lake and River.  I also fish Little Creek Reservoir, Lee Hall Reservoir, Daiscund Reservoir, Harwood Mills Reservoir, Waller Mill Reservoir.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/waterbodies/?type=1&region=1

Yet another NoVA guy.  I've fished the lakes/ponds all the other NoVA folks have mentioned, but like VABasser said, I'm pretty much now focusing all of my efforts on the mighty Potomac.  It really is an amazing fishery with so much to offer, and even more to learn from.  I do love Occoquan Reservoir too, though.  That lake is FULL of quality fish.

Oh, and the Upper Potomac is an incredible smallmouth fishery.