Sign in to follow this  
Daiwa

Are your tackle boxes ready for opener?

Kindof early but I took out my new tackle box to get it ready. One more case to fill and then I have a smaller one Id like to fill too. Anyone else start getting theres ready? ;)

Yes and no.

Lures ready for Lake Gaston but not for Buggs Island.

Still need to secure pliers, gloves, eyeglasses strap, sunglasses, maps and something to eat and drink.

Will do this on Friday, if not sooner.

Mine is always ready to go, I never stopped fishing for the winter. I clean up the tackle box and wipe down my lures after every outing, that way it is always ready for the next trip. I have a huge tackle box filled with every thing I need at all times. The only drawback is the weight, approximately 50lbs.

I just got mine ready to go. And now it is snowing, so it may be a while before I get out. The only nice days I have had this year I was busy. Oh well, I am ready.

I bought a new boat this year so I had the chance to totally go thru my tackle and reorganize all of it including the 435 dollars worth I bought at bps last month.  All tackle, rods, reels, and new boat ready to go.

Matt

I play with my gear all the time, think my roomate is weirded out haha.  I'm itching for a *** order, but I'm ready to fish.  ;)

been messing with mine all winter. Only 3 weeks to go.....

Your lucky. Ive got like 6 or 7 weeks to wait! I dont think it was the right time to take my tackle box out yet but hey. Now I can make it perfect.

I just bought a yellow waterproof floating duffle bag from bps, took my individual holders and put in there.  I organized my plastics into three rubbermaid boxes that are in that bag.  It weighs atleast 30 pounds

Ill have to get a scale to weigh mine. Ive got well over 100.00 maybe over 200.00 into mine. Should I tie a rope to mine and then the bote just incase?

Stays cocked, locked, & ready to rock  ;)

Sadly, I've been ready since January, but with two feet of ice on the lake and my canal, I fear it's going to be a while before I get to fish.

Falcon

Stays cocked, locked, & ready to rock ;)

Our "season" never closes although our targets change in the Mid-South. It's still primetime for smallmouth and sauger around here. Green fish should be coming on shortly, but for me, it's almost striper season, too!

Most guys mix in white bass and crappie fishing in the early spring. A little later, monster bream and spots. Catfish fishing also picks up as the water warms. It's always a "great time of year" when the weather cooperates and the TVA releases a little water!

8-)

My tackle bag/tackle area was reorganized 5 times by the end of December, but since then it's gone to crap.  I have a lot of organizing to do before Saturday, which is gonna be jerkbait bass/pickerel/crappie/perch bonanza  ;D

All my lakes will be open by then.  It's almost 50 here in Hartford, CT, and raining.

Ready, opened, and used x4 since mid Feb. Sure hope all you folks back East have an EARLY Spring so you can get out there after 'em!!!

Yup, I acctually downsized this winter. Only go with 5 boxes. 2 contain jigs (they weigh about 20 pounds a piece, one spinnerbait box, a box of lipless cranks, and one of jerks and shallow cranks.  O ya.. but I have about 50 pounds of plastics. :;)

People still use tackle boxes? :-?

Most certainly!!  It's quite difficult to carry a boat around the shoreline of the ponds that I fish.  It's much easier to pack a backpack tacklebag full of gear and use that!

I'm getting there.  Just need a few more stand up jigheads, and maybe a few more jerkbaits, some hornytoads or ragetails, and some finesse worms!  Spool up my spinning reels and I'm ready to go!

I started getting my boxes ready half way through winter  ;D  hope to get out this weekend for a little shore fishing if weather is warm

Oh yeah! I've organized it a dozen times and will probably do it another dozen times before the season opens. It seems that I need to organize it every time I get a new bait. :;)