Sign in to follow this  
roadwarrior

Anyone Excited about NASCAR?

This year has been a struggle on the circuit, but the last three weeks have been dreadful. I guess The Car of Tomorrow and Goodyear Tire have been the biggest issues, but the whole season has been boring for the most part. After Indianappolis, I thought I was done, but I ended up watching or listening to the last two races which have been just about as bad.

Does anybody have something positive to say? I would like to regain some enthusiasm, but it's just not there. I don't know whether I can get excited for The Chase, are you?

:-/

I am still interested in NASCAR.  I think the it will pick up in the next few races.  For a road race, Sunday's finish was pretty interesting.

Racing goes on the back burner now though.  Football season is here.Woooooooooooohh!!!

I'm going to the first race ever in KC.  I cant wait.

My class and instructors were talking about it today, we are a bunch of chrysler guys, and i can't think of one good thing to say.  Great make the cars safer but why not free them up instead pretty much telling them exactly what they have to run.  My theory at the moment is that toyota and nascar officials are sleeping in the same bed.... just a conspiracy theory but its mine

Car of Tomorrow + Toyota + Chase format (in it's various incarnations) = More fishing time on Sunday....

Yes, I can say some positive things:

1.  Jimmie Johnson and Carl Edwards are doing well.

2.  No one has been seriously injured.

3.  Tony Stewart still says things as he sees them and could care less what NASCAR has to say.

4.  Three friends and I are going to the Richmond Race in September.

5.  Maybe with the Goodyear fisasco at Indy NASCAR will start speaking with Firestone and others about tires.

So....Gentlemen, start your engines!  ;D

This year has sucked majorly. Toyota must have wrote NASCAR a huge check. They went from 1 top 10 to winning half the races.

The car of tomorrow is horrible, the cars get tooo spaced out, making races very boring.

I am very disappointed in NASCAR.

Regarding Toyota:

GM, Ford and Chrysler are insolvent. In a different political environment, bankrupt.

Toyoto is the only car company competing and sponsoring

NASCAR that actually makes money.

8-)

Before y'all get carried away with unsubstantiated rumors about some sort of Toyota conspiracy, just remember a few years ago NASCAR made changes specifically to help make Dodge more competitive.  Highly doubt that was a "conspiracy".

Regarding NASCAR this year: BORING!  Those 1 1/2 mile tracks are the worst.  They either need to make them all restrictor plate racing, or thin them out of the circuit.

I'm also sick of the Busch bros. dominating everything.  Would love to see somebody put them in the wall.

Ya know Kent? I do believe you're right.  NASCAR has become boring.  I have watched very little of it this year.  About the only races I bother to watch are the Daytona 500, the restrictor plate races and the road races.  All the rest are just a bunch of yawn to me.  With the exception of the big smash-up near the end, even the race at the Glenn was pretty ho-hum.

I think there is something to be very excited about. We are watching what could be the greatest single season by any driver in the modern era! Like him or not, but Kyle is a great driver and deserves credit where credit is due! I did not hear anyone say it was boring last year when Jimmie and Jeff were winning every race.

I went to Bristol and IRP this year, camped at both, and had a blast.

In the Nationwide series, you also have the start "sliced bread"'s career to watch. And the Truck series (the best racing IMO) has the top 3 drivers seperated by less then 100 points.

And for all those who think that NASCAR and Toyota are in bed togeather, you need to get a life. NASCAR is a business, their main goal is to put on a good show, get more fans, and MAKE MONEY. They would never jepordize that by cheating with one of the car companies. If that ever came out to be true then Ford, GM, and Dodge would quit that day, and 95% of the fans would as well. So there is no way they are working to let Toyota win all of the races.

They found that the new engine that Toyota uses has more horse power in the nationwide series ONLY. So they reduced the spacer to remove about 25 horse power. Hummm, Kyle still won the next race! When GM, Ford, and Dodge move to their new engines this year and next, they will have the same "advantage" that Toyota did and they will be given the same smaller spacer until all of the cars have the same new tech in the engines.

OK, sorry for the long post RW, should have given the short answer - yes be excited, sit out the couch, drink beer, watch the cars go around in circles, then go out fishing afterward. That is what I do!

I LOVE NASCAR! And I always will. Every race. It just keeps on getting better! I'm probally going up to Texas Motor Speedway for the Dickies 500 this November.

-Ike

NASCAR needs to get back to its roots: STOCK car racing.  The cars need to be production models that have added safety measures.  What we have now is a bastardized version of IROC.

I miss the old "win on Sunday, sell on Monday" mentality that was good for the American car industry.  Who is going to go out and buy a Ford Fusion based on Carl Edwards' win at Watkins Glen?

Who is going to go out and buy a Ford Fusion based on Carl Edwards' win at Watkins Glen?

Not me, but that might be because Edwards came in 9th at the Glen. ;D

Who is going to go out and buy a Ford Fusion based on Carl Edwards' win at Watkins Glen?

Not me, but that might be because Edwards came in 9th at the Glen. ;D

Doh!!!  I sat here and typed Watkins Glen all the time thinking Pocono.  Getting old really sucks.