Sign in to follow this  
Hookemdown.

Chilean Miners

That's unbelievable what there going through. I hear updates on the radio from time to time. Glad to hear they finally started to get them out. I couldnt imagine being trapped in that cave. I'd go crazy!

I don't think I could handle the 20 minute ride up in a 28" tube

T

T

There aint a limo in the world that could equal that tube ride for those guys.

I just measured. a 28" diam. tube, and it cant be all that bad claustrophobia wise for me (considering im not claustrophobic), just painstakingly boring seeing nothing but tube for 20 minutes. Then again, I've never been stuck in a mine.

I've welded the insides of 24" tube. Pretty cozy once you're in there. The sparks falling in the ear canals get annoying tho.

Back to the topic tho. Pretty awesome that they got all 33 of those guys out. Props. 

I'd have no problem doing it, especially considering the alternatives.

I'm delighted everyone made it out!  What a great event.  Finally some good news in the headlines the whole world can embrace!

Ride in a tube....stuck in a mine...

Give me the ride up a tube.  28" isn't all that bad, I've squeezed into smaller spaces.  If thats what it took for me to get the heck out of a mine, no problem.  Hell, I'd squeeze through a garden hose if I had the chance at seeing the sun again...

T

If that is true...I don't think you could handle being a miner in the first place. ;)

How about the poor guy who came up only to find his wife AND mistress waiting for him.  UhOh!

How about the poor guy who came up only to find his wife AND mistress waiting for him. UhOh!

If you think about it, that situation had just a little potential to go very well... ;D

I'd have no problem doing it, especially considering the alternatives.

I'm delighted everyone made it out! What a great event. Finally some good news in the headlines the whole world can embrace!

Yes, considering the alternative, the tube seems like a walk in the park.  And it isn't that much worse than an MRI machine.  When I was in the Air Force and we had deployed to Roswell for a week, I bunked in the old alert facility.  On the last night, before we left, I had this odd fear like they were going to seal the doors to the facility with me still in it, and then forget about me.  Talk about not sleeping well.  Anyway, being trapped in a mine would probably not bring out the best in me.

How about the poor guy who came up only to find his wife AND mistress waiting for him. UhOh!

Actually, if you are talking about the same guy I heard about, the wife and mistress found out about each other a lot earlier when the guys were trapped. The wife said she would stand by her man if he agreed to never see that other woman again. Well, the miner requested that both his wife and mistress be there when he was rescued, ignoring that fact that his wife told him she would stand by him if he got rid of the mistress. When the wife found out that he also requested the mistress be there, she refused to come to the rescue. The mistress did show up.