Sign in to follow this  
Catt

Massive quake, tsunami ravage Japan

By MALCOLM FOSTER, Associated Press Malcolm Foster, Associated Press 55 mins ago

TOKYO A ferocious tsunami spawned by one of the largest earthquakes on record slammed Japan's eastern coast Friday, killing hundreds of people as it swept away ships, cars and homes while widespread fires burned out of control.

I have a nephew stationed at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan & we can't reach him or his wife.

Those of y'all who are capable of praying please do so  :'(

The power of prayer is very strong and I will certainly include this in mine.

Saw it on the news this morning.  Crazy stuff.  I hope your family is ok.  I'm keeping everybody affected by this in my prayers.

I have a nephew stationed at Kadena Air Base Okinawa, Japan & we can't reach him or his wife.

we have a field office in Okinawa, everyone there was fine at 9am EST. Im sure your nephew is too.

Kadena is on the southwest side which is probably a good place to be...

DoD released a statement that all US service men are present and accounted for.

I've been checking the news on this all day. An 8.9 magnitude quake is just freaking huge.

Catt, maybe this will give you some hope. This is a quote from a CNN article at the following link:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/11/japan.quake/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

A spokesman for the U.S. military bases in Japan said all service members were accounted for and there were no reports of damage to installations or ships.

unbelievable. mother nature is one mean woman.

Spent our whole day in science class watching footage from it.Couldn't believe the amount of water coming over those farm lands.

Thanks y'all my nephew is fine as is all military personal but continue praying for main land Japan.

It was beyond words.  What fascinated me was the surge that looked more like an avalanche of trash and debris.  You couldn't see the water.

Where on earth did all that stuff come from? 

It's a terrible tragety. Mother Nature can be so beautiful, but so devestating. Prayers to all the victims in Japan...