Sign in to follow this  
Bassn Blvd

Practical joke that I almost feel bad about.

I went to a different cardiologist today to get a 2nd opinion and perhaps change doctors.  The nurse put me in a room and had me take my shirt off so she and another nurse could give me an EKG (I've had numerous of these done). Neither nurse was very talkative. In fact, one of the nurses was somewhat snooty so I decided to cheer her up a bit ;).

I was lying on the table while one nurse was entering my data into the EKG machine. The other nurse (the snooty one) had placed several electrodes on my chest and abdomen.  The snooty nurse then held the cables in one hand and started to attach them, one by one , to the electrodes with the other hand.  Just as she was connecting the first cable to the electrode, I let out a yell and started to twitch, as if I was being electrocuted. The snooty nurse darned near jumped out of her shoes and screamed "you're electrocuting him!" The other nurse turned towards us and asked what was wrong.  The snooty nurse said "I don't know. I never had this happen before." Then she said "sir, are you okay?" I just about peed my pants from laughing so hard and said "got ya!" ;D

The snooty nurse proceeded to chew me a new ars and then stormed out of the room >:(. But i didn't care, I had a good laugh.

Like I said, I have had so many of these tests done that I know the machine cannot electrocute you because it doesn't transmit any electricity to your body.  Apparently, the nurse didn't know that though.

Classic! At least she has a story to tell as well, however she tells it

Some people have flawed personalities.

Good one.

You punked her good.  ;D   ;D   ;D

Wouldn't have been funny if she turned around after and hit you with the paddles.  CLEAR!

;D Some people really do need to cheer up.

Serves her right for not knowing her equipment.

;D

That is hilarious. I wish I could have seen that nurse freaking out like that! The mental image is absolutely priceless. My wife does ekg's I can't wait to tell her about this.

Awesome, serves her right for being so peevish.

It was that time of the month, ya know. Any other day she would've been cracking up with ya.

I'd say you made every other nurse in the office love you for that!  They gotta work with that uptight crank.  There's a lot more people laughing about that than you know.

lol.  That would make a good video on you tube. ;D

She earned it with her poor bedside manner.  As a nurse myself, I know to never take it out on the patient if you're having a bad day.  Saying that, I personally would've been laughing as hard as you, if not harder.

Classic!  Some people, regardless of what you do, are perpetually miserable.

THAT is pretty funny. Snooty/uptight people annoy the hell outta me.

So wrong, Doug.  d**n funny, but wrong.  rofl