Sign in to follow this  
arkbassguy

How Big is this Bass?

Well now...It looks like you mounted a 2 1/2-3 lb bass.

the mount set me back 200.00 bucks.  Im guessing its about 8lbs, never got it weighed.....Taxidermist says it was around 7 1/2 - 8

Caught on orange and yellow mini booyah spinner bait

Well now...It looks like you mounted a 2 1/2-3 lb bass.

I'm sure arkbassguy thanks you for your professional opinion.  ::)

6-8 lb fish depending on the length and girth it looks like a stout fish and every bit of 7 lbs so the guy that mounted it is probably correct. I would find a new taxidemist for your next mount it don't look like he did a great job on that one. But if your happy with it great.

6-8 lb fish depending on the length and girth it looks like a stout fish and every bit of 7 lbs so the guy that mounted it is probably correct. I would find a new taxidemist for your next mount it don't look like he did a great job on that one. But if your happy with it great.

i agree...it doesnt look like he made any effort to match the natural look of the fish..just looks like he painted it from a picture out of a mag or somthing...kinda fake looking...nice fish though...my guess would be 6 -7 lb

I still think it would be hard pressed to reach 5.6.  No matter, if it was 5.5 , it'll never be 6.

i agree...it doesnt look like he made any effort to match the natural look of the fish..just looks like he painted it from a picture out of a mag or somthing...kinda fake looking...nice fish though...my guess would be 6 -7 lb

I totally agree!  It doesn't even look like the same bass.  I wouldn't have paid for it if it were me.  It supposed to look like the same fish and it doesn't........sorry!!

d**n you guys are some straight shooters...........tell me how yall really feel.........A man comes in here to share pics and yall bash his fish and his mount!

d**n you guys are some straight shooters...........tell me how yall really feel.........A man comes in here to share pics and yall bash his fish and his mount!

Don't ask questions if you don't want to hear the answers.

Great fish man. 2-3 lbs? Come on RW. What are you thinkin? My guess is right around 6+. LBH is right though. Next time get a replica. They look great and they last longer.

I'm thinking the fish looks spawned out to me. I caught a "5-6lb"

at Kentucky Lake fishing with Bud, but when I picked her up she

was light. When we weighed her she was just over 3. My fish looked

a little bigger than the bass pictured and both had a bloody tail!

8-)

That fish is definitely in the 5lb range. I would be shocked if that fish weighed only 2.5 lbs. Either way that fish is too small to be mounted.

Either way that fish is too small to be mounted.

Hmmmm... didn't know there were rules to "How big a fish must be to mount it".  :-X  

Arkbassguy:  Good looking fish.  I would guess 7ish.  Nobody is bashing "YOUR Mount".  Their simply stating that the guy who did the mount could have matched it better to your fish.  It's still a great looking mount either way.  Keep up the good work

5.7302 lbs.

If you are happy with the mount that is all that matters. Personally though I don't care for the layout and the colors are off, white is especially. Just doesn't look natural, but that is only my opinion.

That said, hang it and enjoy. Congratulations on a nice fish.

Jack

That is a solid 6 in the picture of you holding it.  But I have to agree on the mount, it doesn't even look like the same fish.  Heck look at the mouth it is smaller and the distance from the corner of the mouth to the gills is much shorter.   :-?

Either way that fish is too small to be mounted.

Hmmmm... didn't know there were rules to "How big a fish must be to mount it". :-X

Arkbassguy: Good looking fish. I would guess 7ish. Nobody is bashing "YOUR Mount". Their simply stating that the guy who did the mount could have matched it better to your fish. It's still a great looking mount either way. Keep up the good work

Just seems like a waste to kill a fish of that size for a mount.

5 to 6lbs at max

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you like your mount than great.

I'm thinking the fish looks spawned out to me. I caught a "5-6lb"

at Kentucky Lake fishing with Bud, but when I picked her up she

was light. When we weighed her she was just over 3. My fish looked

a little bigger than the bass pictured and both had a bloody tail!

8-)

You are on crack.

My gut reaction was 7 ish.  Shes a deep fish, has a big head, appears to be thick, and we cant even see her belly.

Nice avatar bizz.  Youll be back.