Sign in to follow this  
OnyxWulf

Junk fishing.

Here is my problem.  Since catching my PB it seems that I can't catch ANYTHING ELSE.  I have been out three times since and been skunked each time.  This has never happened before and part of the problem is that I think I am junk fishing too much.

Couple questions, please answer any or all:

1) What is the average amount of time you will try one setup or lure before you switch to something else?

2) How much variation will you use each cast?  Each cast is drastically different/each cast is only a little bit different till you find the right ryhtem/I never vary?

3) Do you go around the world if something is working?  From Spinners to Carolina to Chuggers to Wacky rigged senko to Super Spook?

4) If anyone knows what I am doing wrong then you can skip all the previous questions and just let me know :P

Welcome!

Welcome to my world.

It's my personal opinion that you are too tense in regards to bass fishing.

Relax...my answer to you is #5

Relax, observe, Fish, observe, change bait, observe, have a smoke, drink a soda, look around, see the fish jump - just out of castin' range....always! ::)

Relax and enjoy your time fishing.

Sometimes you hit it big, quite often ya don't.

When you least expect it...WHAM!

Junk Fishin' Eh?

I am an extreme junk fisherman, I never have less then 6 rods on deck and at the end of the day each rod will have something different on there then there was before. I will fish until I find a solid pattern which I know will bring in a good bag. Which never happens ;D

I'm usually rotating between cranks, top-waters, and all sorts of soft plastics all the time to find what is working best then I stick with it. If I were you I would just relax and not put so much preasure on yourself, remeber when you first start out fishing and you catch a lot of fish, that's because your just out to have fun and have no expectations, try to bring that attitude back and you should do better!

You Know What?

It must be something on the internet thats cetchy..  ;)Iv had the same problem

Last week me and a buddy went out he was nocking them dead and I couldent buy a bite.

I think i'm just taking thing just a little bit to serious. ;D

NA........ He just had the MoJo last week and a difrent rattle trap thats it

I just need some more and better baits.

Hey any one else smell that.........................................

Kinda smells like wet monky................ OH NO stop that get off my back HELP HELP no stop that HELP not the card agen you frigen monky.

J/M  

I'm usually rotating between cranks, top-waters, and all sorts of soft plastics all the time to find what is working best then I stick with it. If I were you I would just relax and not put so much preasure on yourself, remeber when you first start out fishing and you catch a lot of fish, that's because your just out to have fun and have no expectations, try to bring that attitude back and you should do better!

That's what I do,also! Fish several baits(usually have a dozen different bait/rod and reel combos in my rod box and on the deck).Many times you'll find out what they want,Sometimes...well,they call that getting "skunked" ,and it happens to the best of 'em.It's called bass fishing!

Using everything and anything that one has in thier respective tackle boxes.  Keep going through each and every different type of lure and bait at a very rapid pace.

I walk a different road, especially this time of year.

The hottest days of the year are the very best days for soft plastics. I narrow the variables down to three:

1. Profile

Sometimes bass prefer Fat Ika over Senkos or maybe today's preferance is a tube. If I'm on a small

body of water, like a pond, I'll switch baits after thirty minutes because I know the fish are there. On

a lake or river I might fish the same profile longer, but that varies depending on depth and structure.

2. Depth

In water <12' I usually fish the Senko and Fat Ika. In deeper water a Gitzit, but I will fish a weighted

tube in shallow water, too.

3. Structure

I prefer deeper structure away from the bank rather than cover in shallow.

I fish all soft plastics slow (or stopped) and basically the same. One cast can last take ten minutes if it is in the right spot.

For me junkfishing is fine for finding fish , but i never caught many limits doing it all day ..

Ounce i find a few fish i try to match a lure to the depth , structure and cover there is

then i sit in there and fish for them ..