Sign in to follow this  
luckyinkentucky

Have you Had Problems With Bass Pro Shops?

I am having a horrible time with getting a credit for my merchandise I returned 3 weeks ago.  I returned 2 Johnny Morris Elite Baitcaster reels within the 30 day "No Hassle" period, because both started grinding after only one trip.  I was told by the Customer service rep that I would not have any problem returning them for a full refund.  

However, it is now 3 weeks later, and I keep getting the runaround every time I call.  I get transfered to this person, and that until I get put on a 10 minute hold and hang up.  They have admitted that they received the items back, and I have the shipping receipt.  I have never had this problem with them before, and I have spend at least $6000 there within the past 6 months.  

Has anyone else had these problems with them?  I can't find any honest reviews on their service online since most of them are posted by BPS employees to raise the rankings.  

Your advice and experiences are greatly appreciated.  I have no where else to turn.   :-[

I don't really know what to say, I in my experience I have returned two items (rod once and then a reel at a different time).  Granted I took them back to the store and did not return them through the mail.  I have had no troubles at all with BPS, great customer service in my experiences.  

Good luck with your returns.

I've never had trouble with them, but I haven't ever had to return anything.  If you are having trouble with them on the phone I would just go down and talk to someone at your local BPS, they should be able to clear it all up and quickly.

No, never.

BPS was great when I returned my Johnny Morris baitcaster.

In fact, the sales guy told me to switch to the Curado as it was less expensive and a better reel.

I did and used the extra money to buy some tackle that I did not need.

I have never had a problem of any kind with BPS. Since you are having trouble over the phone, perhaps e-mail would be a better avenue.

I really dont shop at BPS.  Never been real happy with them.  Not getting into it though.

Anyway.  If this was a mailed back product it will take time to process.  Really depends on load of returns to them.  Reason more then likely for the run around is no one can give you a definate answer until the refund is processed.  The only thing they can give is estimates.  This goes with any company and return.  

They can be a bit slow on refunding you the money. I returned a rod, and it took 3 weeks for me to have the money back in my account.

Don't worry you'll get your money back.

and wow $1,000 a month at BPS that's a lot!

Did you purchase with a credit card???

I have found that these instances are not usually the fault of the company, but...when purchasing with a credit card...it is the credit company itself that is the hold up. Bass Pro may not have or be able to offer you an answer.

Not here, Ive always had great luck with BPS.

BPS has never failed to satisfy me with any return. I carried back a Goretex rain suit that I had six months that I thought had faded a little to quick. the lady at the counter would not replace and I asked her for a manager. I had no receipt, he came up looked at it a minute and told me to go back there and pickout what I wanted and bring it on up. No charge. thank you BPS.  

To answer a few of the questions .....

In the 'Return Instructions' box at the bottom of the return form I indicated that I wanted to return the Johnny Morris Baitcasters, and have them replaced with 2 other reels with the remainder sent to me in a gift card.  I was told by the customer service rep who issued me an RMA replacement number that this was how it should be done.  Back then she told me that it would only take a week or so.  I find it hard to believe that they have received my box, but haven't opened it yet since the items haven't even been checked in.

Taking them back to a BPS in my area is not an option.  I live 2 hours from the store in Clarksville, IN , and another 2 1/2 hours from Nashville.  It would be a waste of my time and money to drive to either store since it was a catalog order.

I will continue to do business with them in the future as long as they get this straightened out. I just want to know what is taking so long.  Like many of you, a buddy of mine returned a reel that was defective within the 30 day period, and he had his replacement in less than 10 days.  It's almost like my package dropped off the face of the Earth even though they show a record of receiving it.    

I'm beginning to feel like my situation is one of those 'Rare Freak Accidents' that you hear about from time to time.  It's not a norm for BPS, but things do happen, and I'm not feeling too good about it right now.  

Guest avid

I suppose an organization the size of bps is always going to have some cs problems,

but my experience has been problem free.  And I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back with both them and Cabela's with never a problem.

Sorry to hear it dude. Good luck.

I have never had a problem of any kind with BPS. Since you are having trouble over the phone, perhaps e-mail would be a better avenue.

Beat me to it.   :)

The great thing about email is it provides you a "paper" trail.  Should it ever become necessary to escalate the issue further, you'll have hard documentation in the form of an email thread.  On the other hand, email is even more impersonal, and the turnaround times are never really known.

Side note:  $6K in 6 months....WOW. The monkey has gotten into you good!   ;)

I returned a rod I bought which was not what I wanted and had no trouble getting store credit to pick the one I really meant to buy. I didn't even have the receipt but the brand of the rod was okay and it hadn't been used.

Other than that I've never taken or sent anything back.

I have received two mail receipts from the mail lady. She gave me two receipts because I ordered express mail but I wasn't there to pick up the package, instead I was at school. Now I have to go the Mail post office to get my small package. Which is about 30mins away, I guess I am just lucky to waste more gas money. I left a notice on the door to leave the mail by the door but she just didn't leave my package. >:( I guess regular shipping is alot better, so i dont have to go through all this crap.

and wow $1,000 a month at BPS that's a lot!

Well, he is also apparently "fishing the 40 hours a week that we work"

Maybe he's sitting on a pile of coin   LOL   ;)