Sign in to follow this  
dhami013

Peanut Butter And Jelly Jigs

What water conditions do you use the color pb&j?

Whole wheat waters.

I fish this color alot. Mostly in clear to stained waters. When the water is muddy I switch to black/blue

both,clear and lightly stained, if its really stained i will change up to black and blue.

All spring and early summer. I did very well this year. The 3 biggest fish I caught this year were all caught on a PB&J Buckeye mop jig. Two 5lbr and a 4(big in northern IL) Water was slightly stained. Caught 1 five in 85 degree water during the summer and the other 2 were in crappy spring conditions. I will say as the summer has progressed the jig bite has slowed for me. Blacknblue swimjigs is whats working now.

Seriously, any water conditions. I've honestly caught fish in the muddiest/clearest water on a pb&j jig.

Seriously, any water conditions. I've honestly caught fish in the muddiest/clearest water on a pb&j jig.

I have had the same experience.

I fished a tournament this spring at a lake in Northern Missouri, and prior rains had made the lake dirtier than chocolate milk (not even kidding). Seeing as how muddy this water was, I went the text book route and fished black, black/blue...dark colored jigs. When weigh in time came around, there was a significant difference between the top 2 and the rest of the field...about a 10 pound difference. Bottom line, if you weren't fishing pb&j, you weren't catching fish.

Dang, looks like I'm gonna have to get one now. I think I'm gonna order some jigs from seibert outdoors.

What color trailer do you guys use for pb&j?

Also, is bama craw kinda the same color?

Dang, looks like I'm gonna have to get one now. I think I'm gonna order some jigs from seibert outdoors.

When do I use PB&J jigs? When the water is wet.

GMAN will hook you up too. Best jigs for the best prices that I've seen.

What color trailer do you guys use for pb&j?

I have been having good luck with a PB&J Eakins Jig. I like the Rage craw or Paca Chunk as a trailer, either one in the Alabama Craw color match well in my opinion. I trim about 3/4 of an inch off the Rage Craw. The water I am fishing has about 12" visibility.

Cliff

I haven't found a bad time to fish Pb&J jigs. Hot, cold, dirty, or clear, it just seems to catch fish all the time. B)