The CU50E.

Team Diawa asking about curados? :lol:

Seriously, the 50 is a better light line, small bait reel.

Mono backing / Power Pro main line / Fluoro leader where called for

50# or would you try to go lighter?

30# (8lb mono equiv) would probably make a better presentation with light baits and still be manageable on the baitcaster.

Light jigs? 12# Fluoro. Trilene 100% works great. I'll only use braid in heavy weed cover. Fluoro has greater sensitivity on semi slack line that is so common when fishing jigs.

I have used 50# Power Pro on my 50E with no problems and right now I have 14# original Stren on it and I cast a 1/2oz Texas rigged worm with no problems.

I would go with the 50 for sure. I like Daiwa reels a lot more now, but the 50e has a special place in my heart. I had a 200e7 and didn't like it at all, the 50 is like a completely different reel. A couple e7's I fiwhed with felt like crap.

I would go with the 50 for sure. I like Daiwa reels a lot more now, but the 50e has a special place in my heart. I had a 200e7 and didn't like it at all, the 50 is like a completely different reel. A couple e7's I fiwhed with felt like crap.

Hater...

• Like 1

A couple e7's I fiwhed with felt like crap.

Bro, before you're 21 you'll be refusing to fish with anything other than an NRX with a Steez on it.

Bro, before you're 21 you'll be refusing to fish with anything other than an NRX with a Steez on it.

Dude I know. It's kinda bad. It's like a dog tasting blood - once you fish a very sensitive rod and a super smooth reel, it's all over.

There's nothing wrong with having a taste for the finer things in life, but test driving a Mercedes doesn't suddenly make a Bonneville junk.

• Like 5

There's nothing wrong with having a taste for the finer things in life, but test driving a Mercedes doesn't suddenly make a Bonneville junk.

Oh man. That has to be one of the best replies I've ever read on this site.

Bravo DVT. Bravo.

Well said. Test driving a Formula 1 race car doesn't make you Sebastian Vettel either...

Oh man. That has to be one of the best replies I've ever read on this site.

Bravo DVT. Bravo.

For sure. I voted that post up - well said DVD... :notworthy:

Yeah, I suck!

LOL, just kidding. I think for the money, Curados are great reels. I like the Citicas better, but that's just me.

Yeah, I suck!

LOL, just kidding. I think for the money, Curados are great reels. I like the Citicas better, but that's just me.

I hope your wrong I sold my Citica & have a Curado 50e on the way.

BTW, I loved that old Bonneville!

My 50 is way better than any 200 Citica or 'rado I ever used.

If I like her I'll name her Mercedes!

Dude I know. It's kinda bad. It's like a dog tasting blood - once you fish a very sensitive rod and a super smooth reel, it's all over.

I hear you and my feet are barely wet. I started with a walmart baitcast combo 2 months ago. I got a citica last week and a tec spec pole, now I dont know how to act....On my next upgrade I may fish with a tophat, 3 piece suit and monocle.

Once I get 2 curados, Im leaving my woman!

I personally love my 200e7