Sign in to follow this  
Polarkraft05

Fishing Jerseys

I am curious how many of you wear a jersey when you fish local tournaments, and what your reason for wearing it is. (you get paid to, you represent a local business, just for fun, etc etc whatever your reason may be)

i can understand if you get paid to wear it, but im more curious why people wear them if they are not being paid. no disrespect meant, just curious who wears them, why they wear them, where they buy them etc etc

I wear one for a couple reasons. To promote my sponsor but aside from that they are super lightweight and comfortable and I can wear a long sleeve for sun protection without getting too hot.

I've worn a lot of fishing shirts in the past but none as comfortable as a quality wicking jersey from gemini,rayjus etc. If I did not have a sponsor to promote I would probably have a plain colored one just for the comfort.

I had a jersey made to promote my wifes catering business and thought it was a unique way to promote and advertise her business. Any catering event that she gets or looks to her site from people seeing on my jersey is free advertising and I get paid in that way by promoting her. The jersey is also comfortable and light weight as well.

I wear a ranger one and I do not get paid or benefit in anyway by wearing it at most tournaments. I wear it because I love ranger boats and I am proud to own one. I also have an older one that I thought about putting a bunch of patches on and wearing that. It just gets me in the competive mood. Plus I will never be a pro fisherman so at least I can look and feel like one once in awhile!

I don't think I will every purchase a jersey per say, but I am in the process of customizing a lightweight sweatshirt that will have one of my sponsors on it.

Being a part of the business gives me great joy to represent them as much as possible.

What does get under my skin is how the younger generation, in a lot of cases, feels that they cannot be successful without getting as many sponsors on their jersey as possible. I cannot tell you how many kids have contacted me asking to put NorthStar's logo on their jersey, and when I ask them how are you going to promote our company? and what tournaments are you going to fish? They don't have an answer.

My mentality has always been focus on fishing and the sponsors will come.

I have a couple of jerseys that I wear. I wear one for my local bass club when I fishing tournaments with them. Secondly, I am getting another jersey through Bassresource to wear at FLW events. I do this for a couple of reasons. I do not have sponsors and I feel like it's not a sponsorship, they are partnerships. I do not get paid, but I wear my jersey to support the products that I use and using smaller local based companies gives them exposure. This is my second year tournament fishing and in the event that I am successful and place fairly high, the possibility of attracting attention and partnerships are good.

Posted · Hidden by J Francho, November 2, 2012 - Promotional
Hidden by J Francho, November 2, 2012 - Promotional

Looking into getting a jersey this year... For no reason other than the comfort of the garment. Nothing crazy custom because I don't fish a whole lot of bass tournaments, but I still want to have a cool shirt when I'm out fishing. These guys said they would come up with some cool fake "flat bottom mafia" and "redneck" logos for me if I wanted. Anyone ever heard of them? www.atomicfishingjerseys.com