Sign in to follow this  
Jman59wl3

Cavitron Buzz Bait

Low light conditions. It silhouettes against the sky better.

Both are correct. Mornings or eveNings when the sun is low or on a cloudy day. If the sun is high and shining fish will see what it really is and deny it.

early, late, cloudy days, or if the fish are shallow and feeding aggressively can all be good times to catch fish on a buzzbait. The best day I ever had fishing a buzzbait the biggest one of my 20lb limit blasted a black Cavitron at about 3pm right on the edge of a shallow weedline despite it being sunny and almost 90 out with flat calm conditions.

• Like 1

I have never fished a Cavitron per say, but in heavy weeds i will fish a buzzbait all day. Other than that, like everyone else says, lowlight conditions.

Jim

Conventional wisdom says low light conditions are best for topwaters. I fish topwaters all the time and have had excellent results in mid-day under bluebird skies. I never rule out topwaters except in cold water.

This one went 4-3/4 and was caught about 3:00 on a black Jitterbug a week and one-half ago.

P1070169.JPG

• Like 1

I dont know either -I guess fishermen actually catch fish with them- I dont fish so i dont know

What's the big deal about cavitron buzz baits everyone on here drools over them

Quality product, rides low in the water, great squeak on the blade, planes quickly, can be retrieved SLOW and stay up

I dont know either -I guess fishermen actually catch fish with them- I dont fish so i dont know

- Stay away from the Megastrike stuff- it makes fish jump all in the boat! :slywink:

3/8 oz Black on Black

Question for Bobby:

Do you recommend a trailer hook or not?

My answer on the trailer hook. When i am fun fishing rarely do I use a trailer hook. The most important thing i have learned is letting the fish tell me if i need one or not. if they are slamming them or slurping them -I do not use one -If the fish are slapping at them -I USE ONE...

MOST IMPORTANT**** IF IM FISHING A TOURNAMENT *** IM USING ONE -JUST LIKE OUR SLOGAN SAYS' "" WHEN EVERY FISH COUNTS-" you never want to miss the fish that can win you the tournament.

Take every advantage you can-put the odds in your favor--

NOW THATS FOR BUZZ BAITS AND SPINNER BAITS---ANY BRAND

I use black with red blade and start off with it anytime I think there is going to be a top water bite

MOST IMPORTANT**** IF IM FISHING A TOURNAMENT *** IM USING ONE -JUST LIKE OUR SLOGAN SAYS' "" WHEN EVERY FISH COUNTS-" you never want to miss the fish that can win you the tournament.

I don't fish tournaments, but I never want to miss a fish, so I always use trailer hooks.

does anyone know if BPS, Dicks, or walmart sells these in stores?

I haven't seen them in stores locally. (Note, I haven't been in a BPS store, just Wal-Mart, Dick's and Gander).

I have 2 BPS, Cabela's, 3 DSG, and a Roger's sporting goods within 30 minutes of me and Roger's is the only one that carries Cavitrons in store around here.

Dicks is the only place i have found them other than online.