FunkJishing

Shaky Head Style

Has anyone ever rigged flukes on a shaky head? or anything other than worms for that matter. what works for you, care to share?

#1 for me is the GYCB Kut Tail.

:xmas-115:

• Like 1

#1 for me is the GYCB Kut Tail.

:xmas-115:

do you reccomend using regular senkos?

I have never fished a Senko weighted.

Other options for me would include the MegaStrike MegaBug, Rage tail Craw & Lobster.

:santa-107:

• Like 1

I have never fished a Senko weighted.

Other options for me would include the MegaStrike MegaBug, Rage tail Craw & Lobster.

:santa-107:

i have these yum crawbugs, they're hollowed out like tubes I plan on trying these on my shaky heads. Yum-Craw-Bug.jpg

• Like 1

Jackal I-shad rigged on a shakey head reeled slow on the bottom kills smallmouth on the Buffalo National River.  You can put whatever you want to on a shakey head.  

• Like 1

You can rig anything on it. Be creative, might have a "rig" named after you ;)

• Like 2

I use 4 and 5 inch BPS Stick O's on a shakyhead all the time. 

• Like 1

I generally use a trick worm or senko. If the craw bite is on, I've used a rage craw.

• Like 1

I have used a craw and I had success with it, but one word of caution, if you plan to use the Yum Craw Bug  on a coil keeper, a drop of pro's soft bait glue or some other super glue on the coil will really help, the tail part of the craw bug isn't going to hold well on its own. I'd also choose the large size craw bug as you would need a head with a smaller 2/0 hook for the small version.

• Like 1

all good advice, thanks :D

You can rig anything on it. Be creative, might have a "rig" named after you ;)

I'd be hyped on that haha

I rig a craw on a shaky head for deep summer smallies all the time.

• Like 1

When I'm not useing a trick worm it's the Rage Cut R.

Mike

• Like 2

As mentioned in prior posts, any bait can be rigged on a shaky head.  I haven't fished flukes on shaky heads, but I don't fish flukes that often.  If I were to fish a fluke on a shaky head, I would probably rig it sideways, so that there would be less plastic to set the hook through.  If the hook on the jig head lined up with the slot of the fluke, then I would probably rig it straight.

• Like 1

As mentioned in prior posts, any bait can be rigged on a shaky head.  I haven't fished flukes on shaky heads, but I don't fish flukes that often.  If I were to fish a fluke on a shaky head, I would probably rig it sideways, so that there would be less plastic to set the hook through.  If the hook on the jig head lined up with the slot of the fluke, then I would probably rig it straight.

yea man i was thinking of using a standard fluke so sideways would probably be best as far as having less bait to go through. Not only that but the sideways look would probably look like a dying baitfish better.

do you reccomend using regular senkos?

Fishing regular senkos works fairly well. its a good finesse technique to throw with 3" and 4" senkos. If i weight a senko its usually a t-rig and a 5" To get through grass or just flipping the water that is more clear than usual.

• Like 1

I like a floating worm for this.

• Like 1

I have used ZMan Finesse Shadz on a shaky head with good success, almost any craw, Zoom Finesse Worms, Trick Worms, and Brush Hogs

• Like 1

I didn't see anyone mention roboworms. I use those a lot. They are just a pain to thread on depending on what shaky head ya got though.

I've thrown all kinds of stuff on a shaky head.  One day the only thing we could get them to bite on was a Lake Fork baby Ring Fry and a zoom centipede.  Just be sure when you are using a thick bait you are using an EWG hook.  I love the spot removers, but you can only use them with skinny plastic baits