prtnchad373

Discontinued Sinkers

post-56048-0-43452000-1439599279_thumb.j What kind of sinkers are these? I saw these at a store at Somers Point called Brennan Marine Supply. I failed to ask the guy what they were called. I've been calling them flat cannonballs ever since. They are discontinued and only manufactured privately.

Welcome to the forums.  They are another style of sinker commonly called casting sinkers.  No sure exactly what their specific use is, but I'm guessing some sort of trolling or surf usage.

• Like 2

Looks pretty similar to a river round flat sinker.

http://store.do-itmolds.com/River-Round-Flat-Sinker-Molds_c_176.html

Welcome to the forums. They are another style of sinker commonly called casting sinkers. No sure exactly what their specific use is, but I'm guessing some sort of trolling or surf usage.

Bass Casting Sinker, used as you would a Carolina rig (non-movable) or drop shot. Used mostly now by saltwater anglers.

http://m.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Premium-Bass-Casting-Sinkers/product/16668/

Yup I have them. I have every sinker known to man.

Egg weights?

I mainly use bullet brass weights with a clicker. I have lead, tungsten and brass weights.

attachicon.gif4c58be0f1fb03.image.jpg What kind of sinkers are these?

|                                     |

BANK SINKERS |  CUSHION SINKERS  | CANNONBALL SINKERS 

(left tray)      |        (center tray)           |           (right tray)

Roger

I get most of my sinkers at the tackle shop, in bulk by the piece, about 1/2 he packaged price.  This is a good place toohttps://www.terminaltackleco.com/prod_detail_list/s/a

I'd call it a bank sinker.

I put the casting (smallest I can get) on a ewg hook on a fluke. It will cause it to sink level.

The only sinkers I use are egg weights for offshore drifting and torpedo in line trolling sinkers used to make my cuda tubes.  small torpedos like 1/2 oz  can be used effectivly for xtra casitng distance from shore with light lure, crappies jig, small spoons, rattling popper rigs.