firefightermdo

Little Late, From Lake Conroe Texas

Hello,

I am a 28 yr old who enjoys fishing on the lake. I moved into a lake house property, on Lake Conroe, in June of this year. I am married with a wife and 2 kids. I have fished growing up, but never got into it until recently. I purchased a John Boat to take my family out fishing. We all enjoy fishing, however the kids get bored very quickly, and my wife only likes to troll. So the majority of the time out on the boat is by myself. We have caught a few nice sized fish while trolling. I am looking to learn how to catch the bigger bass. I am a Firefighter as well. Every summer in Texas, There is the Firefighter Olympics. Well this year they are adding a fishing tournament. I am excited to participate in this. Will be my first tournament. I try and fish every day that I am off. However with the colder water I have not been so successful. I have read articles on winter fishing, using crankbaits, spinnerbaits, worms, lipless crankbaits, and just starting to use jigs. I have not caught any bass as of yet. Looking to learn as much as I can.

Hello and Welcome to Bass Resource ~

A-Jay

Well you found the right site. Welcome. See if you find & meet Ed Roper he has property on Lake Conroe & I'm sure he could give you a hand learning the lake. He is semi retired. Tell him I sent you. We go way back as friends in high school. 

Welcome to the forums!

Jeff

Welcome aboard!

Greetings and Welcome to the forums :)

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

:xmas-115:

Welcome Home!