Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dougie511

3 bank charger

Recommended Posts

I was wanting some insight on what the best bang for the buck is with a 3 bank charger? Ive looked at the minn kota ones a little bit in stores and saw a 400 dollar one that is suppose to be a better charge for the batteries and make battery life last longer but is there any truth to this? Never had to buy a 3 bank charger or anything but really tired of my 2 bank charger so any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my dual pro. Had a 3 bank on my last boat and a 4 bank on this boat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Minn Kota 315D.  It was less than $175, and are supposed to be very reliable.  I am happy with it so far.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Good unit here

Duo Pro 3 bank.jpg

A-Jay

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EllisJuan said:

I have a Minn Kota 315D.  It was less than $175, and are supposed to be very reliable.  I am happy with it so far.

how long have you been using it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dougie511 said:

how long have you been using it?

I have only had mine a week...a total of about 4 charges.  I bought it after multiple recommendations.  I am sure there are better charges on the market, but Minn Kota's chargers are supposed to be really good for the price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EllisJuan said:

I have only had mine a week...a total of about 4 charges.  I bought it after multiple recommendations.  I am sure there are better charges on the market, but Minn Kota's chargers are supposed to be really good for the price.

oh okay thats what im trying to figure out to help make my decision is just what all is out there for a good price/good quality product because i know sometimes things say they do this and that but at times it doesnt make a difference in the end so thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll toss in another vote for Dual Pro chargers. My dad's 99 Ranger still has the original charger in it and has had zero problems. I bought a used one for my last boat from a guy upgrading to a 4 bank and it's been in my last two boats without problems as well. The other good thing about them, is if something does go wrong with them, they are serviceable, unlike most that are more so disposable.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

noco Genius gen 3 is what i have had for a year now, I did have a problem with the first one i got, 3 weeks in it quit charging called and they sent me a free return shipping label and had the new one in about 8 days, Service after the sale means alot,  I read a lot of reviews before choosing this one, good luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-05-15 at 10:34 PM, dougie511 said:

I was wanting some insight on what the best bang for the buck is with a 3 bank charger? Ive looked at the minn kota ones a little bit in stores and saw a 400 dollar one that is suppose to be a better charge for the batteries and make battery life last longer but is there any truth to this? Never had to buy a 3 bank charger or anything but really tired of my 2 bank charger so any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

We all invest good money on our batteries and lets face it, better electronics will equal a better charge and your batteries will benefit from the advanced charging profiles you get.  With that being said, Dual Pro Professional and Minn Kota Precision are the only 2 I'd recommend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't be disappointed with that Minn Kota, 330 D.

I've been running the 440 D for about 6 years, works great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 19, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Puggz said:

We all invest good money on our batteries and lets face it, better electronics will equal a better charge and your batteries will benefit from the advanced charging profiles you get.  With that being said, Dual Pro Professional and Minn Kota Precision are the only 2 I'd recommend.

Thank you for the insight! It's much appreciated 

Thanks to all you guys! This helped narrow down my options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only used the  Promariner ProSport 20+  and an old Bass Pro Shop 3 bank charger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put a ProMariner Pro Tournament 3 bank in my Lund when I bought it in 2005.  It has kept my Blue Tops in working order since then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×