Sign in to follow this  
JigMaster4

Jigs!

Just wondering what color jigs everyone uses. I want to know what you use in stained-muddy water and an all around jig color. Also throw in the type and color of trailer you use. My one question is do you think junebug would work anywhre black or blue would? 

Thanks!

Also sorry for the double post.

3 posts  above your post.

Black and blue, PB&J, and lots of greens and browns

Terry Oldham's Jigs ;)

Black-n-Blue: Sapphire Blue

Black Neon: Black Neon

Coontail: Falcon Lake Craw

All weather, water, & sky conditions!

I use a wider variety of colors depending what the bass are feeding on and will strike at that time. Since I am fishing clear water deep rocky structured lakes those colors wouldn't be my first choice for off colored water.

I would go with black blue neon and black with red flake, colors that work good at night.

Tom

Black/blue, watermelon, black, and orange/brown are the four colors I use the most. Natural colors for clear water, and darker colors for dirtier water.

I love All Terrain's junebug jigs.  I definitely think they make a fine replacement for black and blue.  I actually haven't thrown a black and blue jig in a long time.  I only use that and green pumpkin.  And I'll throw both colors in dirty water. 

As for trailers...chigger craws, rage craws, super chunks, and big salty chunks.

• Like 1

Although I find black and blue and junebug mostly interchangeable, I prefer junebug given the choice for two reasons, both of which are just local considerations. 

First, for some reason, bass in most of the waters I fish seem to have preference for green flake over other flake colors, including popular flake colors like blue and red. A junebug with green flake therefore often serves as my "low light/visibility" counterpart to the other colors I use a lot of, green pumpkin and watermelon candy, and amber/pumpkin with green flake.

Second, a number of places I fish have varieties of submerged grass that seems to take on a very-slightly purplish hue in the water. It's possible this is just an illusion, but I'm a big believer in choosing bait colors that "fit" somewhat with the colors I see in the water and along the shoreline, under the assumption that craws and baitfish will tend to take on tints and hues similar to their surroundings.