atcoha

Thoughts and prayers needed...

I don't usually like to put personal matters in public, but it's been a rough night. My 11 year old daughter told me her friend Sam died today. Her friend from school, who plays 1st base on her softball team.

It was so hard for me to hold it together right then. My daughter was so distraught she just wanted to cry herself to sleep. I finally got a hold of my wife, and she let me know what happened.

Sam went into cardiac arrest earlier today, went to the icu and passed away. She was only 12 years old.  

Please pray for her family.  

Holy (words I cannot say)!!!!

I have a 10 year old son and couldn't imagine going through something like this.

Thinking of you and you family in what must be a very difficult time.

Terrible news man. As a parent myself, I know how bad it hurts when your kids are hurting and you can't do anything to make it better. :sad-023: Life's cruel sometimes, and it's unfortunate your daughter and the other kids parents have to go through this. Thinking of all of you in this difficult time. 

• Like 1

Awful. I hate to read about a young person passing.

As parents, we take it for granted that our children do not have hidden health problems. Pediatricians do some physical workups but not on the level that adults have done when they have adult physicals.  It depends on the doctor if the child gets a full physical (now free under Federal law for everyone) or a partial one that may not diagnose problems.

One of my high school classmates died from leukemia. Doctors finally figured it out after a football game when his bruises would not heal and he was getting continually more tired each day. He was 17 and a senior.

T&P for the family and friends. Can't think of anything worse than losing a child.

Wow, sorry to hear that.  Thoughts are with you and yours.

Lifting

Thinking about you OP, and sending extra love to the Sam's mom.  We lost my little brother almost exactly a year ago and Moms need extra love so close to Mother's Day.  

It is hell when a child dies.  My children are all adults now and I always tell them that I am supposed to die before they do.  My heart goes out to you, your daughter, and the family of Sam.  What a hard thing to handle.  

May God Bless Sam and her family. It's news like this that make me what to hug my kids and grandkids even more. I feel so sad for them. 

Mike 

man that's tough to comprehend... wishing your family and sam's family the best.

Wow man... that made me sick to my stomach and eyes watery. Instantly made me think about the country song, "Alyssa lies"

• Like 1

There are times in life when we need to hold our children and family a little tighter and this in one of them. My sympathy,thoughts and prayers to Sams family and yours.

Terrible.  Can't imagine what the child's parents are going through.  Thoughts and prayers. 

This is a tough one to swallow, my thoughts go to your daughter and the family of the young girl that passed away. So sorry to hear this news. 

sorry to hear about this. sometimes we cannot find the words to describe our sorrow. we nearly lost our daughter to a viral pneumonia in 2000. she was 14 at the time. the terror that swept over our family was indescribable. may God be with you and Sam's family during this time of sorrow.

The girls played their last game of the season last night, without Sam. The coaches chalked in a great big "21" behind the pitchers circle.

Ended the game winning 21-0.

A touching tribute after the game, very emotional/bittersweet. All the players with #21 on their arms and helmets. And the entire ballpark watching, fighting back tears.

The support has been overwhelming. We live in a place where everybody knows everybody, just about.

Sam will be laid to rest Friday at Nativity of our Lord in Pensacola, Florida.

RIP little Angel. #21 Forever...Sam