Jump to content
Raider Nation Fisher

Carpet bagging yuppies

Recommended Posts

Apparently a bunch of the land out here owned by a paper company is being clear cut and sold for, ughhhhh, sub divisions. I'm sorry I'm not welcoming a bunch of yuppies into my country abode. I'm pretty sure the neighbors aren't to happy about it either. Well in order to avoid any fights or all out wars with the carpet bagging yuppies, I believe it may be time to start looking into moving. I personally love it out here. People run their dogs all night. When not running you can here all the hounds baying in their respective yards. I can shoot off my back porch if I see fit. Hell 90 percent of the people out here play with their guns most the time anyway. 

I just see the imminent invasion as a bad thing. I'm sorry but I don't want a bunch of up tight holier than thou yuppies ruining my country home. There is a reason I left the city and McMansions that adorn them. Most of that was uptight, nosey neighbors that can't keep there nose out of everyone's business. Then want to complain that my way of life keeps them up all night. As well as call the cops for me field dressing a pig in the area behind my old condo. Poor woman saw pig guts and raised all kinds of hell. Same old cow called the cops for me shooting squirrels off my porch.

I'm done ranting now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just heard banjos and women crying during that read...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All is lost....time to move to Montana!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tracker22 said:

All is lost....time to move to Montana!

That's actually exactly what I suggested earlier. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentrification. Hold off and score when the property values skyrocket

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slonezp said:

Gentrification. Hold off and score when the property values skyrocket

Lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Raider Nation Fisher said:

Apparently a bunch of the land out here owned by a paper company is being clear cut and sold for, ughhhhh, sub divisions. I'm sorry I'm not welcoming a bunch of yuppies into my country abode. I'm pretty sure the neighbors aren't to happy about it either. Well in order to avoid any fights or all out wars with the carpet bagging yuppies, I believe it may be time to start looking into moving. I personally love it out here. People run their dogs all night. When not running you can here all the hounds baying in their respective yards. I can shoot off my back porch if I see fit. Hell 90 percent of the people out here play with their guns most the time anyway. 

I just see the imminent invasion as a bad thing. I'm sorry but I don't want a bunch of up tight holier than thou yuppies ruining my country home. There is a reason I left the city and McMansions that adorn them. Most of that was uptight, nosey neighbors that can't keep there nose out of everyone's business. Then want to complain that my way of life keeps them up all night. As well as call the cops for me field dressing a pig in the area behind my old condo. Poor woman saw pig guts and raised all kinds of hell. Same old cow called the cops for me shooting squirrels off my porch.

I'm done ranting now.

Move to WI. Plenty of open land.

6 hours ago, slonezp said:

Gentrification. Hold off and score when the property values skyrocket

That is a big word for a pipe fitter. Now people will think us tradesmen are smarter then we lead on. Instead of the foul mouth, cant count to 20 with our shoes on, sexist, perverted, and PBR drinking. Men that they all ready think we are. Now we all have to use our brains, and cant swear. I better start looking for a office job then. If I have to use my brain and cant swear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tipptruck1 said:

Move to WI. Plenty of open land.

and inbreeds. Should feel a lot like home 

9 hours ago, tipptruck1 said:

That is a big word for a pipe fitter. Now people will think us tradesmen are smarter then we lead on. Instead of the foul mouth, cant count to 20 with our shoes on, sexist, perverted, and PBR drinking. Men that they all ready think we are. Now we all have to use our brains, and cant swear. I better start looking for a office job then. If I have to use my brain and cant swear.

Pipefitters/servicefitters(which is what I am) are not your ordinary tradesmen. We are smarter than all the rest because a multitude of trades are part of a servicefitters life. We must be versed not only in piping, but line/low/DC voltage=electrician, metal fab=iron worker, sheet metal fab=tin knocker, refrigerant usage=hvac/r, plumbing=plumber, controls=computer programmer.....When a servicefitter signs up for the work waiting list at the hall there is 2 pages of skills listed that we need to go thru and check off so the prospective shop can weed out the fitters that do not have the skillset they are looking for.

So, while I may come across as a scumbag on occasion, I am smarter than the average bear. As far as office work, it's been a year and a half for me. I was told during my annual review that during the next round of expansion I would be up for a management position (more like a foreman) when they bring on more tradesmen. On the other side of that coin, I was warned on more than one occasion that some of my comments are borderline harassment. None have been directed toward anybody, I just tend to speak my mind and I don't sugarcoat anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just try living in N.E Florida.In 40 years a whole way of life is nearly gone.Its like a snowball rolling downhill.it just keeps going further and further and gets bigger and bigger.When I was 17 it was 5 minutes to the woods.Now its a ' hood.It started with one or two people selling out, and the country folks didn't want to see a new house behind their barn or pasture so they sold too and it just keeps rolling in.One of my best friends lived on a farm.If you want to know about this family, just watch a few Dukes of Hazzard reruns.They had app.40 acrres in pasture and woods.2 Fish ponds , cattle, chickens, gun range.Hunted deer etc.Several 4 wheel drives, 3 wheelers,Tractors etc.They were at the end of a long country road.Also in an area with a large family that had at least 20 household's of them.Then came the development.Slowly at first, it started at the other end of the road and worked its way to them.Finally, it was just to suburban for them So they sold out and moved to S Georgia( where change is much slower.)Now old farm has a road going through it and has become a park with soccer fields ( of all things)where our old gun range was.At least they haven't cut the old pine we had our target's on.It still has the scars from the bullets.Now the big family is down to a few household's left.Surrounded by suburbia.At least the road still bears their name.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raider, if you would consider moving to the appalachian region of Kentucky Im sure you would fit right in and have no yuppies bothering you..and none of that pesky indoor plumbing and having to find a spouse outside of your immediate family.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, yuppies are everywhere.  This will soon include next door to you.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, slonezp said:

and inbreeds. Should feel a lot like home 

Pipefitters/servicefitters(which is what I am) are not your ordinary tradesmen. We are smarter than all the rest because a multitude of trades are part of a servicefitters life. We must be versed not only in piping, but line/low/DC voltage=electrician, metal fab=iron worker, sheet metal fab=tin knocker, refrigerant usage=hvac/r, plumbing=plumber, controls=computer programmer.....When a servicefitter signs up for the work waiting list at the hall there is 2 pages of skills listed that we need to go thru and check off so the prospective shop can weed out the fitters that do not have the skillset they are looking for.

So, while I may come across as a scumbag on occasion, I am smarter than the average bear. As far as office work, it's been a year and a half for me. I was told during my annual review that during the next round of expansion I would be up for a management position (more like a foreman) when they bring on more tradesmen. On the other side of that coin, I was warned on more than one occasion that some of my comments are borderline harassment. None have been directed toward anybody, I just tend to speak my mind and I don't sugarcoat anything.

My Mom and Dad were born in different states.

I also know you are smarter then the average bear. I was just making a joke. At how the General public view people in the trades.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can see the concrete slowly creeping" ~ Lynyrd Skynyrd 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2016 at 10:39 AM, avidone1 said:

Seems like wherever you go, you will want to be the last person to move there.

Ummmmmm. Not so much the last. I just don't like all the woods going away for housing developments. It's a comfort thing. If I wanted to live around hundreds of people I would live in the city. I prefer the solitude of the woods over the sights and sounds of sub divisions. It's bad enough they are running all the dang wildlife off and I have to listen to logging saws all day now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the uptick in displaced friendly furry forest creatures has anything to do with the development of suburbia happening out here. Poor critters. Being run out of there homes for the profit of developers. 

Maybe I can set up an Ark type place over here. All the displaced critters can come stay with me. I could have my own personal Raccoon and Possum army! Hordes of Raccoon calvary troops riding armoured deer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raider Nation Fisher said:

I wonder if the uptick in displaced friendly furry forest creatures has anything to do with the development of suburbia happening out here. Poor critters. Being run out of there homes for the profit of developers. 

Maybe I can set up an Ark type place over here. All the displaced critters can come stay with me. I could have my own personal Raccoon and Possum army! Hordes of Raccoon calvary troops riding armoured deer! 

What will your army of "pet" gerbils think of that?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raider of the lost ark?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slonezp said:

Raider of the lost ark?

Impressive. I wondered who would catch that. 

2 hours ago, deaknh03 said:

What will your army of "pet" gerbils think of that?

The gerbils will my parachute corps. I think they will be down with. Unless the Hawks and owls delivering them get hungry. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Raider Nation Fisher said:

Impressive. I wondered who would catch that. 

The gerbils will my parachute corps. I think they will be down with. Unless the Hawks and owls delivering them get hungry. Lol

C'mon, I remember using that expression a few years ago in one of your threads, only I spelled it correctly.  It was Raider of the lost arc.  If I recall it involved a problem with electrical service.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Raider Nation Fisher said:

Maybe I can set up an Ark type place over here. All the displaced critters can come stay with me. I could have my own personal Raccoon and Possum army! Hordes of Raccoon calvary troops riding armoured deer! 

Don't people from the south eat them?  I also found your arc. 

aeca8117b18ca946b267cb9d2c32ec1a.jpg

You could also build this. I bet they wont want to buy the land near you then.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/064dc8_f1041e494f8c875553364c878cd5c903.jpg_1024

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you really want to keep them away, go all house of a 1,000 corpses on them....  kind of like a dead crow in the garden type of approach...

2.jpg3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing rods

    fishing rods


    fishing rods

    fishing reels
    fishing gear

    Truck Caps

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×