Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slonezp

Just when you thought Lund perfected the bassboat

Recommended Posts

They come out with this. Lund Pro V Bass 2075 Sorry A Jay

Lund%201_zpsrlwzrnhu.jpgLund%202_zpsleix6ojk.jpgLund%205_zpsl0qavsef.jpgLund%203_zpsabcdhudo.jpgLund%204_zpsp889g6du.jpgLund%207_zpsmgyj1gb3.jpgLund%206_zpsvtvtcvlo.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sure is pretty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a Big Boy !

For the kind of scratch they're going to ask for that one - they'll need to ventilate those compartments to stay competitive with you know who . . .

A-Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

That's a Big Boy !

For the kind of scratch they're going to ask for that one - they'll need to ventilate those compartments to stay competitive with you know who . . .

A-Jay

I'd bet mid 50's to start

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slonezp said:

I'd bet mid 50's to start

Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.

Said the guy with the brand new boat.

:)

A-Jay

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems as if Lund is really making a run for the top shelf aluminum bass boats.  Good for them.

I wonder how or if Ranger will respond now that they are under tracker boats. 

That open seating area is prime...wow.  These aluminum boats have come a long long way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory.

Said the guy with the brand new boat.

:)

A-Jay

 

So true.

It's a boat for a specific, probably somewhat limited, target market. If they wanted to compete with the Tracker crowd(I'm not knocking Tracker) they would make a 1775 and throw a 90 on it at the 25k mark. It certainly is a contender with the Ranger 522d but, even moreso, a great option for the true multispecies guys. It's every bit a bass, walleye, and musky boat. If I didn't already have one I'd buy one. :hahaha-024:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody should tell Glenn this is the kind of giveaways we're looking for :D

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree they are not competing for the majority of the Tracker crowd.  They are defining that top of the pyramid.  There will be people, however, that move from the Tracker segment into this top segment as their disposable income increases....or their taste for boats increase in sophistication.  To be fair, there might be a few tracker owners that have their boats because nothing like what you (and A-Jay) show was really available.

Also, I love seeing the quality of these boats...it forces the other players to stay on their toes.  Hopefully making "similar" features at a different price point.  Consumers win in the end.

Thanks for sharing those pics and for A-Jays vid.  This info "feeds the machine".  That is, the more people start requesting these kinds of features the more consideration they will place in putting it into their designs.

I was hoping not to upgrade...for a VERY long time...but these designs are really interesting.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they'll offer that in the multi species layout and the bass layout like they did with the 1875.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty, but I'd take an original Pro-V or a Tyee before one of these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I would prefer the rear casting platform to be larger...all the way to the back of the seats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I noticed - with that specific layout - is that I'll bet its actually got less storage space than the 1875 with bench seating.

I'd get rid of that huge open seating area and the jumps seats and bring that back deck right to the back of the chairs like on the 1875.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I much prefer the open cockpit. From my point of view, it seems to make much more sense. If you fish with a friend, he'll bring a bag and a pile of rods with him. That stuff never fits anywhere in a conventional bass boat layout unless you leave empty compartments in your boat. With the open cockpit there's plenty of room for bags. Even better, the guy at the back's rods can lay on the back deck with the tips pointing forward along the deck that runs along the sides of the boat. Whoever thought that stupid rod rack slope thing in a conventional bass boat has obviously never fished out of the back. The rod tips are sticking up in the air in front of you, if you're fishing off that side of the boat, where they are in constant danger and in the way. 10/10 Lund.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seldom use the rod-rack-slope-thing for anything other than fly rods (because they don't fit in the rod locker and are too long to lay on the front deck on runs between spots) and I pull them off there as soon as I get to where I'm going (unless I'm by myself, then I don't worry about it.)

I would leave a compartment or two open for other fishermen...looking at A-Jay's boat there'd plenty of room for that even on the 1875...I'd assume the 2025 would add another 2 feet of storage...no way I'd need to use that.

I get why some folks like the open cockpit - I use to think I'd like it as well...but I can't stand stuff out on the deck (other than rods) while I'm fishing.  it gets in the way if you get into a big fish (think bike pike or musky) and you need to maneuver around the boat to get it to the boat or even if you just want to move around.  On my CMV I've converted the live well to storage (I never use it) for other fishermen to keep their gear off the deck.

The open cockpit is much better for families, other types of fishing other than constant casting (jigging, trolling, etc.) and for folks that like the idea of having higher sides in the passenger area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Further North said:

The thing I noticed - with that specific layout - is that I'll bet its actually got less storage space than the 1875 with bench seating.

I'd get rid of that huge open seating area and the jumps seats and bring that back deck right to the back of the chairs like on the 1875.

This layout is similar to my Predator 2010. The ProV is 8" longer. The rear casting deck looks like the battery and remote oil tank are in the 2 rear storage compartments behind the fold up seats with the livewell between the seats.(mine are in the floor) There is also storage under the fold up seats. I don't know if the wavewackers are an option from Lund which, are installed so they could extend the rear storage all the way to the transom rather than stop at the front of the splashwell, or an afterthought. As far as storage, dare I say "How much storage does one really need?" :) The deck lockers are deep...real deep. I carry (3) 4gal totes full of plastics, and if I had to guess, between 15-20 3700 boxes in the bow port locker alone. Not to mention the available storage on the Predator is probably a foot shorter because it have a 60" livewell across the front deck directly in front of the helm.   

I prefer the open seating and personally, if this boat had 3 across bench seating, there would be a ton of wasted space for the average angler. If you realize that this is not a bass boat and is a true multi species boat, the open cockpit makes all the sense in the world. Pair it up with the Verado and MercMonitor and a kicker motor is no longer needed for trolling so you have the room for a HB 360 and single anchor or dual anchors. The sport track adds trolling options for rods and riggers 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, slonezp said:

This layout is similar to my Predator 2010. The ProV is 8" longer. The rear casting deck looks like the battery and remote oil tank are in the 2 rear storage compartments behind the fold up seats with the livewell between the seats.(mine are in the floor) There is also storage under the fold up seats. I don't know if the wavewackers are an option from Lund which, are installed so they could extend the rear storage all the way to the transom rather than stop at the front of the splashwell, or an afterthought. As far as storage, dare I say "How much storage does one really need?" :) The deck lockers are deep...real deep. I carry (3) 4gal totes full of plastics, and if I had to guess, between 15-20 3700 boxes in the bow port locker alone. Not to mention the available storage on the Predator is probably a foot shorter because it have a 60" livewell across the front deck directly in front of the helm.   

I prefer the open seating and personally, if this boat had 3 across bench seating, there would be a ton of wasted space for the average angler. If you realize that this is not a bass boat and is a true multi species boat, the open cockpit makes all the sense in the world. Pair it up with the Verado and MercMonitor and a kicker motor is no longer needed for trolling so you have the room for a HB 360 and single anchor or dual anchors. The sport track adds trolling options for rods and riggers 

That's a good analysis - I agree that the layout above is superior for multi-species...as long as walleye are in the mix.  For me (and this ispurely personal preference) with just bass/pike/musky, I'd prefer the bench seating.

My answer for "How much storage does one really need?"  is "All of it". ;)

What I'm excited about - really excited - is the return of "my kind of boat" to the aluminum boat market.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 1 word……………………WOW !!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are there wackers on that thing when the whole gunnel sits lower?  For back trolling?  You aint back trolling using a console and a 250 outboard.  They don't seem to serve a real purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

its a beauty! ,....I may like my tracker, but thats one heck of a boat,.. way out of my boats league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, D Fiene said:

One showed up at my local dealer with a 250 verado on it. $64K!

How was it rigged? I think the base price is $10k less than that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

112 Fortrex, (2) Helix 10SI, 250 verado, stereo, that's all that I remember. I thought $20K over my 1875 for 2' and 50hp was a bit much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    bass fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    bass fish

    fishing

    fishing poles

    fishing reels
    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×