kevinv

Lure Manufactures

I was on another forum, and I was reading how some anglers will stick with only one Lure Manufacture over another. So I started to think, and I was that way at one time. I choose what I seen work on tv, or in books. I still have some that I swear by, and are my got lures. Anyway. I was wondering when you are purchasing lures, does brand matter?

Yes, it certainly does to me.

:easter-119:

Brand absolutely matters for me because some brands are after anglers more than fish. I try different brands but I tend to stick to the proven brands. My favorites are Rapala and Mepps.

• Like 1

I'm partial to certain brands but the only ones I stay away from (if you can even call them "brands") are the cheap knock-offs and no-names.  I don't have any room for them.

Brand doesn't matter at all to me. Price does! If I can find a bait that does the same thing as more expensive brands, I buy it. Jerk baits and jigs are a perfect example of this. Also I've been lucky enough to get baits that are very expensive now for a cheaper price when the company changed the lure or discontinued them. Like when the were selling Terminator Titanium spinner baits for 2 bucks each. I got plenty of those. 

I have zero brand loyalty when it comes to lures. That doesn't mean I don't use more of a particular brand because it fits what I'm doing, or because there is something about it I like, but I have favorite lures that are over $20, and some from Walmart and bargain bins that I paid $1 for. I have a DSG cheapie JB that is crushing right now over some of the "gotta have" JBs.

I have said this before: I don't have brand loyalty, but I do have model loyalty.  There's certain baits that just do it for me.  I know what they're doing, and what to expect, and they get bit.

• Like 5

Brand doesnt matter to  me . I'm at the point where I wont buy a new lure unless I see it filling a niche .

I have my preferred brands, but I'll buy whatever if I find a good deal or see something I like. 

Thanks you for the replies.I know it was a loaded question,  I was very curious as to what others thought.

As I said, I have 3 go to brands. Mepps, red devil, Rapala   are the 3 I like. Other than that, i get what seems to work, even if it is a knock off.