HeyCoach

Smart phone Fishing apps

Do y’all happen to use any fishing apps or fishing games on your iOS or Android phones?

I started using Anglr towards the end of the season and like it.

Just weather and wind apps

• Like 1

I've used lunar phase apps for hunting and fishing. However, in most cases I only have certain days I can fish so I go whether the phase is right or not.

• Like 1

I used an ap called Fishbrain last year.  Kinda cool to get local reports on who caught fish and where they were caught.

19 hours ago, Big Rick said:

I've used lunar phase apps for hunting and fishing. However, in most cases I only have certain days I can fish so I go whether the phase is right or not.

Like you I fish when I can.  I've always said I was going to compare both my fishing and hunting success to those charts but never do get around to actually doing it.   LOL

I have the Anglr app on my phone but honestly I forget to use it. Every. Single. Time.

It looks great, though. One of these days I'll remember.

A lot of the free versions suck. I’m not paying $10+ a month to find out how mediocre they are. 

No fishing apps for me and I will never get them. I will stick to my old fashioned hand written journals and doing research for new locations I plan on fishing.

I found a decent fishing game to tide me over until I can put the boat in. 

39 minutes ago, HeyCoach said:

I found a decent fishing game to tide me over until I can put the boat in. 

Fishing Planet?

• Like 1

Anglr

Windy

Weatherbug

Navionics

(In)Accuweather

• Like 2

4 hours ago, J Francho said:

Anglr

Windy

Weatherbug

Navionics

(In)Accuweather

I used Weatherbug until someone showed me Dark Sky..........you should take a look at it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heck yeah! Five minutes with Dark Sky and I’m all over it! Well worth the $4. Thanks!

• Like 1

When fishing, my phone is OFF!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, .ghoti. said:

When fishing, my phone is OFF!!!!

I don't have that option. With 3 divisions of dealers looking to me to help close deals I have to be on my phone constantly. However, they never know I helped them close that sale while skipping a jig under the dock. I will admit to losing focus when my bait gets slammed.....

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, J Francho said:

Anglr

Windy

Weatherbug

Navionics

(In)Accuweather

How do you like the Anglr app? Do you use any of the fishing trackers with the app? Thinking about giving it a try to save time with the log book.

Mine is my Sheriff’s Office department phone so as much as I want to, I can’t turn it off once we launch lol. I put whatever apps and such I want on it. Most recently...Dark Sky. I use Fishbrain as well but don’t pay for the premium service. Had the anglr app for a bit then deleted it when the Santa clause app I downloaded for my little girls took up too much space lol 

As a kayak tourney angler I use the TourneyX app.  It's needed to submit fish in tourneys and it's free but I pay the yearly membership for the added features.  The added features keep track of all my results from tourneys and every fish I've submitted.  It will show me on a map where I caught them, what time of day it was and the pic of the fish.

Other than that I use Navionics and weather apps.

34 minutes ago, Fishstalker001 said:

How do you like the Anglr app? Do you use any of the fishing trackers with the app? Thinking about giving it a try to save time with the log book.

I use the Bullseye.  I don't use the Trackers, since I don't really care how many casts I make.  I'm looking for way points, catches, and weather data.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

As a kayak tourney angler I use the TourneyX app. 

TourneyX developers do a good job.  I use their app, too.  They're pretty much thew only show in town when it comes to kayak tournaments.

• Like 1

Not a fishing app per se, but I use the "thing counter" to keep track of how many I catch and on what.  It is a simple counting app that has voice response when you add an item.  It is fun to hear them mispronounced lure names...

Fishbrain and weather channel app. Fishbrain provides some decent information and weather channel app keeps notified on wind and lightning. 

21 minutes ago, N Florida Mike said:

Currently I use " my brain "

But I'll check into this other stuff 🤔

From what I have read, that is obsolete and no longer supported by the manufacturer... 😁