FishTank

New Tackle Bag

Looking for some advice a new tackle bag.  I have a back pack set up now and I am looking to switch it up.  Maybe get things more organized.  I have looked at the 3700 size Plano bags and I am sort of leaning that way but thought I would get some opinions on what you guys are using. 

Thanks for any advice.....

I switched from boxes to bag this fall. The Cabelas Advanced Angler Tackle Bag is larger than many others. My 'Large' size holds 6-3600 boxes in the main compartment and the front-zip pocket will hold another.

The 'Magnum' is rated to 8-3700 boxes in the main compartment and 4 external pockets can each hold what looks to be a 3600 size. So 12 boxes in one bag.

The 'Super Magnum' holds 12-3700 boxes in the main compartment and has 5-3600 size pockets.

The Magnums are out of stock at Cabelas and BPS at the moment, but the Super Magnum is in stock at BPS on clearance for $20 off the regular price. That includes 12-3750 boxes.

• Like 1

Just my opinion and my experience I guess. Several years ago I bought the Plano Guide Series 3700. I knew better when I bought it, it weighed a ton empty! By the time I loaded it, the doggone thing would sink a boat! My advice, stay away from a Plano Guide Series 3700 bag unless they've reduced the weight.

Edit, I forgot that the zippers were awful. The were hard to zip and got stuck often. I threw it away, seriously.

Edited by volzfan59
Forgot to mention something

11 hours ago, MN Fisher said:

The 'Magnum' is rated to 8-3700 boxes in the main compartment and 4 external pockets can each hold what looks to be a 3600 size. So 12 boxes in one bag.

The Magnum side pockets almost fit a 3600, but they are a bit too small.  

I have one as my basecamp bag I keep in my car, it’s a monster and I really love it.  

8 minutes ago, fishwizzard said:

The Magnum side pockets almost fit a 3600, but they are a bit too small.  

I have one as my basecamp bag I keep in my car, it’s a monster and I really love it.  

Huh - the side pockets on my Large fit 3500's easily. I just thought that with the upsize to the Magnum, they'd make the side pockets 3600 size. Oh well.

2 minutes ago, MN Fisher said:

Huh - the side pockets on my Large fit 3500's easily. I just thought that with the upsize to the Magnum, they'd make the side pockets 3600 size. Oh well.

It was close enough that I am going to walk outside and try again, but I know when I got mine and first tried it they just barely didn’t fit.  They will hold an impressive amout of stiff though.   

It’s a great bag but fully loaded it must weigh 40-50lbs. 

I just ordered this one after searching through what was available in the marketplace. I wanted a medium sized bag rather than an oversized/overweight like I already have. 

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Falcon_V6_Speedbag_w__4_Flambeau_3700_boxes_/descpage-V6B.html

If you've already got the boxes - here's one that might fit...hold 5-3700 boxes. It's also on sale, 30% off regular price.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Tackle_Warehouse_Tournament_Co-Angler_Tackle_Bag/descpage-TWTCAB.html

6 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

The new ones are just ok, a bit heavier than I like, have the 3500 size for terminal tackle, but the old style ones I have are so much better. I don’t understand the strap on the top, I will never use it. 

The one thing for me that is a must is the waterproof bottom, nothing is worse than a soggy bottomed bag that helps promote rust in all your gear. I also fish at sun up when there is a lot of moisture on deck. 

C9A87627-2D8C-409F-ADBC-BD8B1424BDC7.jpeg

Here’s mine that has worked really well for me. Cabela’s Fisherman Series that holds 7 3700s and 2 3600 in the side pockets (I went with the spinnerbait Plano boxes). Room for stuff in front pocket and two other side pockets plus the mesh top and back.

C66F8117-00B9-4CCA-A457-A59C5759E8DC.jpeg