Jump to content

40 lb Bag of Smallmouth ~


A-Jay

Recommended Posts

  • Super User
33 minutes ago, king fisher said:

   In my humble opinion, any one with the money, (which isn't that much compared to the cost of a bass boat or AJ's jerkbait collection) and the time to learn how to use it should buy the latest forward scanning sonar.  If you catch so many big fish, that you feel it isn't sporting, or ruining yours, or some one else fishing experience in any way, then you can simply turn off the unit, or give it to me.

      I know of three lakes in Mexico, where someone with the skills to use the new technology might make O.H. Ivie, look like a dink fest.  Unfortunately I don't have the finances or the time to take advantage of the opportunity to be first on the scene.

      AJ you have the skills, and knowledge of Lake Menderchuck, you might as well take it to the next level.  You will not get another chance to be the pioneer on your water.  Some one else will be the one to discover the true potential of Lake Menderchuck, and in my opinion that would be a travesty.

Thank you for the support my friend, I truly appreciate it and can really use it.

btw - the bold type is what my wife said to me yesterday.

Almost verbatim.

Been doing the R & D for two straight days.

Going need a separate thread in the Marine Electronics forum so folks can follow the journey.

Seems like it could be one wild ride. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
19 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Thank you for the support my friend, I truly appreciate it and can really use it.

btw - the bold type is what my wife said to me yesterday.

Almost verbatim.

Been doing the R & D for two straight days.

Going need a separate thread in the Marine Electronics forum so folks can follow the journey.

Seems like it could be one wild ride. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

You and your wife have worked an honest, clean, and noble life from all I know about you guys, both of you guys deserve to enjoy the things in life that truly make you happy and allow you to pursue the things that you are passionate and great at in life.     That's the whole point of working hard, and honestly there should a reward for all the hard work and missed opportunities to pursue those things while earning a living.     

 

At some point you got to live your best life, you got to do the thing that you believe God put you on earth to do.   Some people were put on this earth to catch big brown Bass ?

 

Not to mention the fiscal argument is pretty easy to make when someone already owns a super nice modern Bass rig.    FFS is peanuts in the grand scheme of the cost for that caliber of boat, and the associated costs with keeping it in tip top condition.    

 

If I had a front trolling motor, I'd have FFS tomorrow on a $500 Jon boat, maybe I'm not the best person to listen to ?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, AlabamaSpothunter said:

You and your wife have worked an honest, clean, and noble life from all I know about you guys, both of you guys deserve to enjoy the things in life that truly make you happy and allow you to pursue the things that you are passionate and great at in life.     That's the whole point of working hard, and honestly there should a reward for all the hard work and missed opportunities to pursue those things while earning a living.     

 

At some point you got to live your best life, you got to do the thing that you believe God put you on earth to do.   Some people were put on this earth to catch big brown Bass ?

 

Not to mention the fiscal argument is pretty easy to make when someone already owns a super nice modern Bass rig.    FFS is peanuts in the grand scheme of the cost for that caliber of boat, and the associated costs with keeping it in tip top condition.    

 

If I had a front trolling motor, I'd have FFS tomorrow on a $500 Jon boat, maybe I'm not the best person to listen to ?

Alex you do not need an expensive boat to utilize FFS. I have been using this rig for many years now even though I am able to fish out of anything I choose. I use it because I like it. My FFS cost way more than the rig did. I guess what I am saying is you can incorporate FFS into the rig you currently run. It doesn't matter if your trolling motor is bow or stern mount. You can even use a separate shaft dedicated to FFS if you want. So go out and grab you one and enjoy! 

IMG_0582.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
7 minutes ago, Blue Raider Bob said:

Alex you do not need an expensive boat to utilize FFS. I have been using this rig for many years now even though I am able to fish out of anything I choose. I use it because I like it. My FFS cost way more than the rig did. I guess what I am saying is you can incorporate FFS into the rig you currently run. It doesn't matter if your trolling motor is bow or stern mount. You can even use a separate shaft dedicated to FFS if you want. So go out and grab you one and enjoy! 

IMG_0582.jpg

That's awesome Bob, love the umbrella too ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AlabamaSpothunter said:

That's awesome Bob, love the umbrella too ?

Just saw your latest video. I'm NOT the guy that should be suggesting to you how to catch fish! Congrats! That was an awesome "EPIC" trip! I went Saturday an only caught four. Your bass could have eaten all mine!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super User
4 minutes ago, Blue Raider Bob said:

Just saw your latest video. I'm NOT the guy that should be suggesting to you how to catch fish! Congrats! That was an awesome "EPIC" trip! I went Saturday an only caught four. Your bass could have eaten all mine!

Sure you are Bob, thanks for the very kind words but this place is so exceptional because everybody brings something different to the table.   You bring a lot to the table here Bob, both fishing knowledge and comradery.   The day I stop listening to tips from other great anglers, is the day I should probably stop fishing.    You never know what sticks once you get on the water, best to take everyone's advice. 

 

That was the first time I got em like that, if I can repeat it I feel like it wasn't luck ?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



  • fishing reel

    fishing forum

    Outboard Engine

    fishing forum

    fishing tackle

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.