Andy Taylor

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

You can't use short screws WITHOUT going all the way thru the plastic because It's only about an 1/8 of an inch thick.  But, for mounting light duty stuff just use short screws about a 1/2" long and use 3M marine sealant/adhesive on the screw and flange of whatever you are mounting.  You will be fine.   

5 hours ago, waverider969 said:

Anyone know how thick is most of the plastic on this type of boat? Can I use very short screws to attach light stuff (cup holders) to the top of the rails with out puncturing all the way through?

How about the command strips?

5 hours ago, waverider969 said:

Anyone know how thick is most of the plastic on this type of boat? Can I use very short screws to attach light stuff (cup holders) to the top of the rails with out puncturing all the way through?

Yes. You can use screws as long as they’re above the water line and put a little marine silicone around the screw head. I’ve screwed down my casting deck, fish finder,Scotty transducer arm,cell phone mount and a couple other things with no problems 

I have both an old Bass Raider 10E and a new Sundolphin Sportsman.  I have always run the motors on the back of the boats but I want to try a 30# on the front of the Sundolphin.  Is it absolutely necessary to use a circuit breaker when doing this?

No it isn't necessary, but you are risking damaging the motor or wiring if you don't.  All an in-line circuit breaker is is essentially the weak link in the chain, so if something happens, it pops first, stopping any damage or fire.

On the Pond Prowlers, the wiring to the front of the boat is pre-run at the factory and includes a small breaker in the connection side to the battery.  Is this not the case for bass Raiders or Sundolphins?  If not, most any marine hardware or BPS should have the breaker you want.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll pick up an in-line circuit breaker just to be on the safe side because as far as I can tell neither boat has one in the pre-run wiring.