Andy Taylor

Any Pelican Bass Raider Owners Out There?

14 minutes ago, Hi-Powered Red Neck said:

After my last suggestion to you of launching next to the ramp. I've also ran into a landing that didn't have an option of launching next to the ramp. Unless I wanted to bust through 20' of Cat Tails. I dollied as close to the waters edge as I could then gave it a little shove. Slid really easy about its length till it was fully floating. As for a dolly I used fixed casters from harbor freight and a piece of 5/4 deck board, couple eye bolts and a ratchet strap. A 2x8 or 10 would be easier to get the boat sitting on. It's what I had on hand.

I may have my solution ready now - I have used a C-Tug cart with my kayak for a couple of years, so I cut a piece of plywood a little more than 4’ wide, cut strap holes in it, and ran a ratchet strap through it so it will hold well. That should work well for me.

• Like 1

I think I have made some good improvements to my pelican.......holders for 6 rods...trolling motor...power pole micro anchor......small decking to hold battery box and 13 3700 Plano boxes.....anchor trolley....and a fantastically comfortable swivel seat

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

• Like 6

Hey Leftymuk, love your boat, but it's not a Pelican, it's a previous generation Pond Prowler (see pics on page 118 of another nice one).   I think I actually like that hull design better than the Pelican!

Leftymuk, that’s awesome!

God to know about the pond prowler thing.....wasn't really sure

Because I've gotten so much insight from this thread, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my little project and offer any help to anybody looking to do something similar. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Lemme know what ya think20190604_115657.thumb.jpg.efbe4723929b4466f97a36b53642c670.jpg20190602_145541.thumb.jpg.0817e60db7beb6be19d501ad8837c6f1.jpg20190529_160202.thumb.jpg.f093ce3a123fe5124c29883a5d4a39de.jpg

20190602_152959.jpg

20190602_145547.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3/4" workout mat is like plywood support without the weight. Depends on what you want and use it for. Trying to keep my weight down since I fish mud puddles and load in the bed of my truck. I do have a dolly tho.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:45 PM, Nola888 said:

Because I've gotten so much insight from this thread, I thought I'd post a few pictures of my little project and offer any help to anybody looking to do something similar. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Lemme know what ya thinK

Super nice! Well done.

I bought a pelican bass raider 10e model: b 10 second hand. I cannot find the hull identification/serial number anywhere. The sellers were pretty vague which makes me wonder if it’s stolen or not. I’ve talked to pelican and their guidance didn’t take me there. Can anybody shed some light? 

Possibly include some pictures or s video. Thank you in advance! 

21 hours ago, TheLazyAngler said:

I bought a pelican bass raider 10e model: b 10 second hand. I cannot find the hull identification/serial number anywhere. The sellers were pretty vague which makes me wonder if it’s stolen or not. I’ve talked to pelican and their guidance didn’t take me there. Can anybody shed some light? 

Possibly include some pictures or s video. Thank you in advance! 

I just bought mine towards the back on the right side underneath the black rubber piece that goes around where the boat is stapled together you should have a hull ID/SN# little piece riveted in.

• Like 1

New owner of the Bass Raider 10e.  Loving this forum so far.  If anyone has a foot control trolling motor mounted on the front I would love to see some pics.  Thanks!  I love the 7 inch risers!  Took her out last night for the first time.

boat.png

• Like 1

I too would like to see someone with a foot controlled trolling motor. I've done some research on the Haswing Cayman T but haven't pulled the trigger on it.  Motorguide Bulldog appears to be a good option but they discontinued that model I believe. 

I've seen the Troll King and looks like too many moving parts to me.  That is just my opinion. I like the seamless look of the actual "foot" control motor.  Again, my preference.  They (Troll King) look pretty cool though but again not for me.  

On 6/3/2019 at 6:39 PM, Leftymuk said:

I think I have made some good improvements to my pelican.......holders for 6 rods...trolling motor...power pole micro anchor......small decking to hold battery box and 13 3700 Plano boxes.....anchor trolley....and a fantastically comfortable swivel seat

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Love your settup, looking at the Prowler myself, but where did you get that seat? 

15 hours ago, @reelChris said:

How uncomfortable would the older 8' model be for 2 people to fish out of on calm water?  There's one up for sale nearby.

If you were to be taking it easy and fishing for sunfish or something - maybe, but not 2 guys actively Bass fishing, certainly not comfortably.  I have the 8 footer and never brought anyone else out on it and couldn't imagine doing so, lol.  you would have a great time by yourself though :)

Hi guys. I have a Sportsman 8.5 and have done many mods similar to what has been posted on this 120+ page subject. I have just one situation to ask about. I fish many small lakes in IA. The majority have concrete boat ramps and no other launching options. I would like some advice and/or photos of a dolly meeting these criteria:

• Lightweight and able to transport 200 pound loaded boat on dolly up to 150' away.
  • Not too heavy at the bow to haul by a small man.
  • Easily launched from concrete ramps without getting feet wet (I have slipped twice, not good!)
  • Easily loaded without scraping up the plastic pontoons and without getting feet wet.
  • Ability to break down so it can be transported in a 73" pickup bed.

I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out but don't want to burn up a bunch of materials if someone else has found an answer. I'll take some photos of what I've done including a rod, paddle and stake out pole holder. I have not seen the design anywhere and it works great! Thanks.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:44 PM, Ratherbfishing said:

I paddle mine all the time-but just to supplement the trolling motor (when I'm in a hurry to get off the lake before the park gates close).  But to rely JUST on paddles?  It'll get you someplace but certainly not in a hurry.  

I opted for an adjustable length, 3 pc. floating SUP paddle. I can stand or sit and still reach the water. Great for dislodging or retrieving lures also. 

https://www.amazon.com/BPS-3-Piece-Alloy-SUP-Paddle/dp/B07DR8ZV4K/ref=asc_df_B07DR8ZV4K/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312134194492&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9640096062417104577&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018574&hvtargid=pla-644161414222&th=1&psc=1

I saw a boat like this at the lake a few days ago. Although they are supposedly almost impossible to tip it looked very uncomfortable in all but the stillest of waters. Those two people were bouncing around like bobbleheads just sitting at the dock. It was windy and rough that day.

They seemed cool to me until I actually saw one on the water. I'd rather have a yak or a small aluminum boat, especially considering the weight of these things. However, on a still pond fishing solo it still looks pretty doable. But two people moving around in it? Not so sure.